Remington Core-LokT

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fla shooter

Reaction score
Has anyone tried the Remington Core-LokT 165 Gr. in 30/06. They seem pretty accurate on paper wondering about how they perfom on game.

They perform very well on big game. You chose the right bullet for your caliber. The 165's will perform as good or better than a 180. Although the 180's are more popular. What's the most popular always isn't what's better. The 165's shoot flatter and with less recoil. You didn't say if you are a reloader or an "off the shelfer". Good Hunting!

Killed a nice buck with the 165 grain Core-Lokt last year. I prefer the Core-Lokt over any other bullet on deer sized game.

i shoot the 150 grain only because i cant buy the 165 locally. and i am sold on there performance. IF you need to look for a deer you will have a great blood trail to follow and it will be short

Thanks for the replies guys. With performance like your saying cant beat the cost of this ammo.

I used a 165 gr core-lokt on a deer last year and never did find him due to him running into a swamp. But i did find good amounts of blood on ground. At the end of the day i blamed my poor shot and not the ammo. I will say this , i have been using sierra game kings / and game pros and they have been more accurate than any other bullet i have tried. They are also cheaper or the same as core lokt. Also i do not like the package the core lokts come in. The Seirras come in a plastic case and the bullets are more uniform than the core lokts. IF you already have the core lokts i wouldnt worry about it but check out those sierras.

I currently shoot 180g Core Lokt's out of my .30-06 and have yet to have any issues with it.

corelokt

I shoot only 180's and have never had an issue. I went back to them because the 165 just didn't seem to have the knock down I wanted of the 180.

They shoot exceptionally well in my Model 722 .300 Savage. Groups are in the sub 2 inch range at 100 yards all day ( open sights).Specimens recovered from the backstop show expansion that is ...dramatic. Velocity is 2570 fps( chrono'd). The 150's shoot very well too. I believe they are a soft bullet though. These things EXPAND!

Latest posts

Back