rebarreling a 700ml

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi guys. Just wondering if anyone has rebarreled a 700ml. I have 2 of them in 50 cal both with the Badger Ridge conversion and I am thinking about getting one either rebarreled or relined to .45 caliber. What say you all?

Since you have two of them the 45 would be cool !!,if I'm not mistaken Mr Hoyt only cuts a 451 but that's okay too I think it's a good idea,, my Badger Ridge 700 50 cal mL shoots lights out!!! He did a barrel for me in 45 Cal I have to bump bullets to about 449 ,,448.. 700re-barrel straight up to 45 Cal has proven to be a great performer for many people already I think it's a good idea either way.

I currently have re-barreled 700 ML’s in 375, 442, and a 45. The OEM barrels ones I‘ve had or still have shoot great without re-barreling. But with a must have , the mod bolt nose and BP.
Plus they don’t weigh 10,11, 12lbs or more.

Thanks for the answers guys. I too think a .45 would be awesome in the 700ml. I already talked to Bob Hoyt and he can do it but it wouldn't be until the fall. He's always backed up. I think he could double the size of his machining operation and still be busy. He does do great work. I had 4 barrels relined but they were standard sidelocks and also had a Hawken flintlock barrel made from scratch by him.

Latest posts

Back