Question for Mk-85 shooters

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Flounder - It just may be a rifle primer striker.

It is listed in the 1995 Knight catalog as the "Magnum Primer Conversion Kit" #900610 Blued and #900612 Stainless Steel
"Magnum Elite technology is now available for the percussion rifle owner. This system utilizes an extremely hot magnum rifle primer producing a hotter flame with faster, more reliable ignition. Included in the Kit are 10 primer adapters, a capping tool and a specially-designed hammer with a raised hammer face that will give the shooter spontaneous ignition - every time. Available for blued and stainless steel models. Fits all percussion Knight Rifles."

It looks like the brass holder that accepts the rifle primer, fits over the #11 nipple. This would make sense on why the striker is a little shorter.

"Primer Adapters" #900611
"Primer Adapters work with the magnum primer conversion kit. With the purchase of magnum rifle primers, they can be inserted into the adapters. This specialized system gives the shooter faster, quicker, more reliable ignition. 10 per pack."

Thanks, I appreciate the information. I might check and see if the adapter is still availiable. There are lots of helpful folks here.
Art

jsteurrys said:
I believe Reese is correct.

+2.

I remember those, they were made to snap into the ring on the #11 nipple in this pic.

Contact Knight, you may be able to get some of those primer holder adapters. I have seen them (conversion kit) for sale at a couple of stores within the last 6 months, so they are still out there.

900013.jpg

Here is one for sale on GB. If you look real close you can see the brass primer holders through the plastic bag, they are kind of like a collet, and snap onto the #11 nipple. You can see the forked removal tool behind the bag as well. The striker is pretty easy to see in the pic. This one is a blued version, but I am 99.99% sure they came with SS hardware as well.

This MFG# is 900610, the SS version is probably something like 900600, 900620, or 900609, 900611. You get the idea.

pix1311966312.jpg

pix1311966578.jpg

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... 060569#PIC

Latest posts

Back