Pro Hunter Vs. Endeavor

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

backstraps

Reaction score
Iam planning on buying either the t/c Pro hunter or the Endeavor but was wondering what difference there was between the two besides the breech? Anyone have expierence with them and which would you prefer?

I think the other difference is about $100+. The Frame is a little different cosmetically also. I don't own either, just an observation from handling them at the gun shop. Flint Head just bought a new Endeaver this year I think.

Yea thats about all i could tell i mean if iam spending that kind of money, whats another 100. I just wasnt sure if there was something i was missing.

With the Pro Hunter you can swap barrels and basically have everything in one rifle. I'm not sure if you can do that with the Endeavor. From what I've heard, there's over 40 different barrels for the Pro Hunter. There's the ML barrel, center fire rifle barrels in various calibers, rimfire barrels, smooth bore shotgun barrels, rifled slug barrels.....

Endeavor: Speed Breech XT that can be taken out by hand.
Has a cosmetic difference in the frame "art"
Energy Burners located in the stock to reduce recoil even
further than the Prohunter.

Prohunter: Speed Breech that uses a tool to remove
standard Flex-Tec stock
has TC engraved on frame

Both guns are Encore's, meaning that they will receive any of the centerfire, shotgun, rimfire or muzzleloader barrels.

The Pro Hunter I looked at yesterday had the energy burners in the stock also.

Definately BUY the speed breech XT that is offered in the Endeavor. T/C does have a $50.00 rebate on them rifle now.

By local Dealer sells the pro hunter and the Endeavor for the same price.

chocdog

I cant speak on the Pro Hunter breech plug, but ive shot my Endeavor 30+ times with BH209, with no lube on plug and it still turns out with fingers, and only slight traces of blow back. That wrench is one less thing i have to worry about carrying....

i was pretty sure the pro hunter had the tooless breech plug as well? its the regular encore that dosent

Pro Hunter

I have a Pro Hunter and it requires a tool and a quarter turn to remove the bp. Not much work or hard to do. I have no blow back issues or clean up issues. I use the BH 209 in 110 grain load and let itr soak in Hoppes #9 for a half hour while i am cleaning the other parts of the gun. It is not that much work. The only issue I see is the O-ring which I know I will be replacing. In fact I am ordering today. I think I want to replace once a year and the are cheap off the TC web site.

Thanks everyone for the help....Iam pretty much decided to go with the Endeavor. A few guys at work have Pro Hunters and use 777 mag pellets with a 250gr Super glide shockwaves bonded....do you think this would be a good combo for the endeavor or does anyone have other suggestions?

backstraps said:
Thanks everyone for the help....Iam pretty much decided to go with the Endeavor. A few guys at work have Pro Hunters and use 777 mag pellets with a 250gr Super glide shockwaves bonded....do you think this would be a good combo for the endeavor or does anyone have other suggestions?

BH209, federal 209A primers and 250 grain shockwaves should be a good combo.

Im not a big TC fan but that load works well in just about anything you throw it at.

Back