Precision Rifle QT40 in .45 Pro Hunter

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Omega451

Reaction score
I hit the range today with some Precision Rifle 250gr QT's today to test them for accuracy in the Encore .45 barrel. I will admit I have never had any luck with PR Bullets in my .50's but wow do they shoot in my .45. I found that the pointed bullets did not like my Spinjag and switched it out to the supplied tip included with the PR bullets. This 3 shot group measures right around 3/4" center to center. They loaded great with the supplied sabot and no short starter was needed. I will be stocking up on these. Add these to your test list Marty!

100gr BH209 CCI primer 100yds

QT250100grBHCCI.jpg

excellent group!

for me its normally the 3rd shot that hurts me. darn barrel heat!

Great range report ! I must be blind but I don't see anything wrong with that 3 shot group...;)

Was there just not enough clearance using the Spinjag and those bullet points :?:

Do you need to use the supplied sabot with that bullet :?:

Marty,
I believe due to the bullets small diameter towards to tip and the bullet being long is why it was sticking inside the Spinjag. I need to get more to do some further examining.

Since they loaded nice and shot good with the supplied sabot I did not even try using Harvester sabots.

The bullet itself is kinda neat. Check it out on their website, prbullet.com, if you never saw them.

smyers717,

I've seen the PR bullets website and asked for samples awhile back so that I could Post range reports for the forum, but they never responded. There are alot of bullets out there I'd really like to try but unless I get a samples I don't bother. It simply gets too $$$.

smyers717 said:
They are on sale at Cabelas for 9.88.
Thanks for the tip :!:

I'll check it out since I have Cabelas VISA points to use up. Won't cost me anything :D

smyers717 said:
Marty,
I believe due to the bullets small diameter towards to tip and the bullet being long is why it was sticking inside the Spinjag. I need to get more to do some further examining.

Since they loaded nice and shot good with the supplied sabot I did not even try using Harvester sabots.

The bullet itself is kinda neat. Check it out on their website, prbullet.com, if you never saw them.
smyers717,

Forgot to ask. Are you using the Original Spinjag or the Spinjag Loader :?:

Origional Spinjag. I have the PR Bullet RAT Loader now. It fits the QT's great but that's because Precision Rifle made it for their bullets.

I bought some packages of the 390gr colorado conical PR's and they came with a plastic loading jag. Dont use it! LOL, broke mine off in the ramrod after loading the first shot.

Right now i still have a package of the PR sabots for my .54 and in 360gr. Talk about some accurate ammo!

Latest posts

Back