Please Do Not Make This Political

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I try to purge my transition to an E-1 from my mind. Married 18 months when it happened, and where I went the only part time job was the black market.
$52 every 2 weeks IIRC. Been there done that. Got first $52 right during Basic. We all agreed what a wonderful country that pays you after beatings.

I do not know if I have a lucky number. I do Know that 83 is not my lucky number.

Amazon recently upped prime price. Almost like they knew??? Thinking of starting to go to farmers markets here. Store produce not looking good. Several bags of moldy grapes seen just yesterday at supermarket.

I run an organization and for the first time in more than 10 years, I've had to think about inflation. I raised all employees pay by 7 percent to cover the change in the consumer price index, but the consequence will be that output will drop a little. At the moment, thankfully, my margins can absorb it, but that won't last. Because it is not just salaries, it is everything from toner to toilet paper. Everything in this country has to be moved by road, rail or plane and that all costs money.
One thing also that makes these times a little different is that in the "old days" when bad times hit, women- who at the the time were generally homemakers- could go out and earn a little extra. Now, most families are two-income families already, so there is no extra "manpower"in the family to send out for more wages.
True to this forum, I am really thinking of buying a new inline before prices go up as they will have to!

All I am saying is that "politics" does not have to be a forbidden word, but keep the discourse in the realm of ideas and not personal.
Imho it cant be allowed on here at all. No 2 people will agree on all ideas. Not people in the same party, family, religion, country club, school, whatever. There are places for discussions of political ideas but here ain't one of them.

Imho it cant be allowed on here at all. No 2 people will agree on all ideas. Not people in the same party, family, religion, country club, school, whatever. There are places for discussions of political ideas but here ain't one of them.
Fair enough and I accept that decision without quarrel.

Fair enough and I accept that decision without quarrel.
It was only my opinion. Mods and admin make the decisions. Im just here to learn and make friends and help others out if & when i can. I try to do the same in my daily life so the coming hard times may not be as difficult if people can continue to work together dispite their differences.

It was only my opinion. Mods and admin make the decisions. Im just here to learn and make friends and help others out if & when i can. I try to do the same in my daily life so the coming hard times may not be as difficult if people can continue to work together dispite their differences.
And on that note about helping others, I'm about to PM you on an Optima vs Accura question!

Take a deep breath and pray for our country and mentor a young person. My Mother told me more than once I was born a hundred years too late. I was the last one born at home and the first after the war. There were 6 of us. Four now. I think the 12 hour shifts at the Foster lath factory and my mother packing "K" rations at Miles put a real pause in the family planning. Plant something, it will keep things in perspective. I do 30 to 40 cases of jam/preserves a year, for trading and good will.

Went to bank today to cash some checks. Teller said seems everyone is either cashing checks or getting cash from accounts. Seems deposits are way down.

I agree 100%. 2 things I hate discussing: politics and religion. Although I am passionate about both, I really don’t like talking about either. I have my opinions and beliefs, but prefer to keep them to myself. I’d rather talk about guns, garages, trucks, firewood, beer, atvs, etc.

Well, big picture is I know how this story ends and that’s reassuring.

That said, in my current world this sucks. My wife gave birth to preemie twins on 2/21. They’re still in the NICU at the University hospital a little over an hour away. I have older kids and work so we can’t just stay down there. Instead my wife gets the older kids to school then drives down to sit at the hospital all day and comes home in the evenings after I’m home from work so we can still have dinner with the other kids. We had to find a vehicle to accommodate our new family of 7 and we’re able to get a decent deal on an older Expedition. It’s still in real nice shape and I’m thankful we didn’t have to pay more for it given the current vehicle market. All that said, I’m really feeling $4/gallon at 13 mpg for 120 miles a day.
If we can get them home we’ll be alright. It’s almost spring and my wife can grow a garden with the best of them and we have several thousand pounds of unprocessed steaks in the yard. I’m thankful for that. But in the mean time…

Back