Pioneer Air Bows & Air Rifles

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Pioneer Air Bows & Air Rifles

csitas said:
Off hand --iron sights  most of us "shooters" would be hard pressed to stay in one hole. For that matter say a quarter size hole. say ten shots, I'll cut that to five.
That is correct, folks came to Cabelas (Lehi store) to watch young shooters (our future) shoot some targets.

We had a moving tap behind each target to show the number of shots fired, that got rid of any questions. :cheers:

On the side of the indoor range we had one shooting lane setup for those that thought it wasn't a big deal. When the viewers tried to shoot a good target off hand at this distance the best targets for 10 shots had trouble covering them with a half dollar at best.  And these guys we knew and are good shots on game. :face:   :roll:

This distance doesn't sound like anything until you try it. Then you'll be hooked when you see what these young shooters and older shooters can do when compared to what you just shot.  :oops:

Conner, I learned a long time ago. If you want to eat humble pie just start bragging how well you can shoot. You can eat a really big piece on something this close and easy.

csitas said:
Conner, I learned a long time ago. If you want to eat humble pie just start bragging how well you can shoot. You can eat a really big piece on something this close and easy.
I worked with a retired Sgt. Major at Cabelas, he got us interested in his instructions he taught at several of the ROTC programs in Salt Lake. Marksmenship at a National Level, his air rifle teams are always in World Class matches - in the winners circles most of the time. George doesn't say much about his kids skills other than the girls are better shots than the young men. All of us have experienced that one in various hobbies or events. The main reason is the females listen, the male counter parts know it all and thus aren't as good with lack of paying attention. The thing that stands out to me is how humble these kids are when they win National Matches. We had a 33 foot target shot at the 2015 National Air Rifle Matches in Washington DC hanging in the Gun Library at Cabelas. A (10) shot group with the tape showing the holes, .177 caliber that measures .179 diameter shot by a 17 year old female that our Sgt. Major instructed. Talk about a proud guy as was all the employees that met or know this fine young lady. No Humble Pie here. :ttups:   :thumbs up:

conner said:
The young lady that shot a (10) shot group with the tape showing the holes, .177 caliber that measures .179 diameter shot by a 17 year old that was instructed by the Sgt. Major.
The Sgt. Major, the young lady and myself went to the range today and got her interested in traditional muzzle loaders. After a half dozen shots she's hooked and loading her own gun (my rifle). Give her a few outings and the guys in Utah will need to step up their game because Cindy is on the firing line. :ttups:

Her father talked to the guys in the Gun Library and last heard was buying a Pedersoli Rocky Mountain Hawken Rifle in .50 caliber for the kid's birthday. How nice is that WOW. :Red tup:

Back