Pics from the Loshbough Hog Hunt!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SWThomas

Reaction score
I had a great time and was glad to have the opportunity to meet 3 great guys! We had a blast and got along famously. It ended up being me, Chuck, Harry, and Bob. Loshbough is a fenominal outfitter! First of all, the place is gorgeous! It's very well maintained and clean as can be. Every single person I encountered was very courteous from the guides Logan and Mike to the office clerk Susan. I would definitely go back there without hesitation!

Here's the pics!

Bob killed his hog first...
BobsHog0904185.jpg

I killed mine second...
SpencersHog0904182.jpg

Harry killed his next...
HarrysHog0904187.jpg

And Chuck killed his last...
ChucksHog0904184.jpg

Chucks hog was by far the largest. The guides said it was well over 300 pounds. But I'll let the fellas give the details on their weapons and their animals. I'm sure they have some better pics too...

And here's a pic of all four of us hanging out at the lodge...
LoshboughGroupPhoto.jpg

Here's a pic of the Cinnamon Dall Ram I shot while we were there. I'm having both my hog and the Dall mounted.
SpencersRam0904189.jpg

It sounds like you had a great time and a great hunt. Some impressive wounds there on some of them hogs. And that Ram would WOW!! I am guessing thats an exit wound.

congratulations to all of you.

How far were you from your hog and ram? Those Barnes sure looks like they did a good job harvesting game.

cayuga said:
How far were you from your hog and ram? Those Barnes sure looks like they did a good job harvesting game.

32 yards from the hog and 34 yards from the Ram. I had to shoot the ram twice because I blew the first shot and hot the guts. :x But the second shot was good and put him out of his misery. I made a perfect shot on the hog but it didn't pass through. Bobs hog was the only one with a pass through. He was using a No Excuses conical and made his shot from about 15 yards. These things are just so tough and thick that even my magnum load with a Barnes didn't pass. And I made a heart shot... :shock:

WOW!! you really got up close. I am kind of surprised only the No Excuse passed through.

Looks like a great hunt :D

Whas this a game perserve where you can shoot different types of animals?

Looks like a nice place.

What sort of feel did it have? Big enough?

Okay, I apologize.

OA's avater inspired me (I love Lord of the Rings).

So I added an avatar and it appears to be oversized.

I REALLY don't want to take anything away from this brilliant thread. So if someone can tell me how I mucked this up, please shoot me a PM.

Again, my apoloties to those who went on the shoot. Let's keep this thread focused on a wonderful shoot.

Sorry for the distraction.

Good stuff.

duckaroni said:
Looks like a great hunt :D

Whas this a game perserve where you can shoot different types of animals?

Kinda. They have hogs, rams, buffalo and turkey.

Awesome! Looks like y'all had a great time... congrats to everyone! :wink:

Nice hogs! Sounds like you had a good time. Atease soldier, you look a little too much military in your group photo Sw T. Did your commanding officer take the pic?

just kidding.

I don't know what branch your in, but i'm going to guess marines.

gobbler getter said:
CONGRATS guys great looking animals, Spencer what did you shoot that ram with :shock:

Same thing. A 250g Barnes T-EZ and 120g BH209. A little overkill but it got the job done. :D

omegasmoke said:
Nice hogs! Sounds like you had a good time. Atease soldier, you look a little too much military in your group photo Sw T. Did your commanding officer take the pic?

just kidding.

I don't know what branch your in, but i'm going to guess marines.

HAHA! Everyone tells me that. I guess I'm what you would refer to as "Institutionalized". I've been in the USMC for 10 years straight so that's my natural look. :D

Back