Perfect Treestand? Big Guy? Fear Of Heights?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good for you. I read your initial post and had to chuckle a little bit when you said your buddy checked it for cracks with Magnaflux. Actually I would have been surprised if you DID find any cracks. Magnaflux powder and/or liquids are only used on ferrous (magnetic) metals which aluminum is not.
Now if he used a liquid penetrant test kit you may have found cracks open to the surface.
Anyway good job on your dieting and wish you good health and success on your hunts.

I have a summit viper.. good stand..

I've climbed the wrong tree and went for a slide right down. had a good pucker my sphincter... was hardwood tree smooth bark but even and strait so I was like OK climbed up turned around sat down and zing to the bottom of the tree like a carnival ride lol... I don't weight that much either so the stand not going to bite on some trees......

only strait good pine trees for the climber. to be honest I don't climb high either 5 to 10 feet you see better and that's that it's just a seat to sit still and comfy.

Sorry to hear about your diabetes. Glad you are facing it head on. Your health is your greatest wealth.

A long time tree stand hunter. I switched to ladder stands about ten years ago after having climber fail on me. I had a harness on. Hanging in midair with the harness on is a recipe for disaster. You need to be able to get out of the tree. I was lucky.

Sorry to hear about your diabetes. Glad you are facing it head on. Your health is your greatest wealth.
Ive got that going on too. About 6 weeks ago I got a Dexcon 7. Ive had diabetes for 20+ years. Depending on your frame of mind they are a blessing or a monkey on your back. Sometimes both. Overall Ive made a huge improvement in my sugar in short order. I feel like a cow eating grass because anything with starch or sugar or carbs sends the sugar up like a rocket. Dont mean to misdirect the thread and I apologize for that. But if you have diabetes you need one of these.

After getting in shape from walking with lead shot go to the next step that I always tell flatlanders to do before hunting the higher elevations and more than mole hill country. If you don't have a mountain to climb near you maybe there is a tall building where you can climb stairs. Start out slow and time yourself to the top floor, add weight to your pack every few days as you build your leg strength and lung capacity.
Years back I had a friend that lived at 50' above sea level come to hunt. He said he was in good shape as he ran 6 miles everyday. He could not keep up with this old geezer at 56 and he was 41. Then he understood what I meant about the high rise challenge.

Latest posts

Back