Perfect practice makes practice perfect #1

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Years ago, I used to video my and another shooter. Its surprising what you can see.
I made a couple mistakes yesterday shooting the postal match that I realized and didn't need a video.
Tell me what you see, or don't see in the video. If nothing, that's OK.
I'll tell you tomorrow what I saw immediately.
NO skipping class! X

You're spot on sir. I know what you're saying is true. And its even more so for archery/bow hunting. I still hunt with a vertical bow but I'm getting lazy in my old age and switched mostly to a X-bow due to the ease of use. But when I used the vertical bow exclusively I practiced form and shooting on a daily basis. I would practice in 10 yard increments from 20 to 70 yards. On a good day I could shoot a 2" 4-5 arrow group at 70 yards. I know I couldn't do that now. But form and consistency is the name of the game.

Encore gets an "A". You can go to the head of the class. His follow through is poor. X
Post script..........Encore, go to your thread "match ready" and add up your 800 yard score again. I think your scorekeeper robbed you of a point. X

Post script..........Encore, go to your thread "match ready" and add up your 800 yard score again. I think your scorekeeper robbed you of a point. X
Encore.........Our score cards have a small box to check off where the shooter verifies the score. I also keep my own score for each shot while on the shooting mat. I add up my score before I get up off the mat when the relay is over, then compare scores with my scorekeeper. X

Encore.........Our score cards have a small box to check off where the shooter verifies the score. I also keep my own score for each shot while on the shooting mat. I add up my score before I get up off the mat when the relay is over, then compare scores with my scorekeeper. X
This old boy with the knee problems, barely has enough time to complete the relay. If it wasn't for the team, I'd have a problem with time. Its a lot of work for unlimited sighters and 10 rounds for score, all in 30min. for me and this knee. If it wasn't for Jeff and his help, which I appreciate immensely, I probably couldn't finish a relay in time.

Speaking of the knee............. I just finished with my 3rd PT this morning and have a bunch more scheduled. This knee is far from a "common replacement". The weakness has my whole right leg, especially the hip in trouble. I've got a couple really nice young ladies for PT's, that have my best interest in mind. I will say this though, neither one will take prisoners.

I've got a couple really nice young ladies for PT's, that have my best interest in mind. I will say this though, neither one will take prisoners.

You're lucky my friend. I wish I had a take no prisoners lady and myself, for my shattered wrist. It'll never be close to the same again because of it.

If you really want to learn to crawl before you try to run, can I suggest y'all investigate an Appleseed shoot? If you are interested in learning a solid foundation, it'll be the best $85 you've spent since that one night in...

I cut my teeth on shooting woodchucks & pigeons in the 70s with a 220 Swift. I had poor form until my uncle set me straight. I can still hear his words.

As a bow hunter, I cannot agree more about learning correctly from the start. Thanks for posting. Muscle memory is what saves the day when a 170 class whitetail pops up 12 yards away and your heart begins to jack hammers out of your chest.

Speaking of the knee............. I just finished with my 3rd PT this morning and have a bunch more scheduled. This knee is far from a "common replacement". The weakness has my whole right leg, especially the hip in trouble. I've got a couple really nice young ladies for PT's, that have my best interest in mind. I will say this though, neither one will take prisoners.
PT is short for personal torturer

Back