PEEPS FOR MY OMEGA. WHAT WOULD YOU CHOOSE?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gregdaws

Reaction score
EAB peep sight.pngWestern precision set .pngWilliams FP.pngSo, I recently picked up a nice laminate Omega in .50 cal. It came with a rail and 1" mounts but I'm looking at peep sights. I was looking at the Williams FP with a globe sight on the front, I considered the western set but I am not sure that Williams make one to fit the Omega. I want my sight radius to be as long as possible so I am not looking for a barrel mounted rear sight. Then... I found the E. arthur Brown peep rail, I really like the idea of having the best of both worlds so I can have a scope if I want without disrupting the peep sight. The only downside for me is it's lack of easy / fine adjustment compared to the FP. What do you use, what's your combination of peep and front sight? Advice appreciated. Thanks

Last edited:
There was just recently a discussion between several members on this topic. The takeaway I got was that those models are all good, with different pluses and minuses. Pretty much your choice.

.......found the E. arthur Brown peep rail, I really like the idea of having the best of both worlds so I can have a scope if I want without disrupting the peep sight.......

Low rings will not allow for the peep sight . The peep sight needs to be removed to allow the scope to fit, if one uses low rings. Cannot say if medium rings will allow for the peep sight?

The FP sight will work for sure with the factory front sight, the wgrs sight may not.

@gregdaws, what do you want out of the Omega? Will it be a hunting gun or a target gun?
That will make a dif in which sight works best for you. I have a 30-30 that i set up with the IronSighter See Thru scope base(mounts right to the barrel) so i could use the irons for close-upshots(<50yds) and scope for longer(>50yds) since hunting doesnt always give time to adj sights. For target shooting the FP hands down if you arent using a scope.
If i could set it up with a wgrs and a scope, i would probably do that. Not sure you can tho without having additional mount holes added to the Omega to mount the sight seperate from the scope. So, if'n you want both on the Omega i think your only choice is the PeepRib or Ace-In-the-Hole.

It's a decision that I have to make, and really it isn't that hard. I think that I am going with the peep rail so that I can swap between. I grew up with Iron sights and as a kid I killed a lot of paper with a BSA Martini .22 and Parker Hale target sights. These days it seems as though a rifle must have a scope and I have some nice gun / scope combinations. I just don't want everything in my safe to have a scope on it and wondered what others are using / prefer for a peep.

Changing the subject slightly, I am mounting a Williams FP and a globe on my Knight DISC extreme .45. I have a stock coming from Boyds unfinished so I can rebate it to allow for the sight and bed it. I just got a Knight bare primer bolt which is being machined to give extra clearance. The intention is to add fine cross hairs to the globe. I am really looking forward to shooting it this summer. Thanks for the input guys.

Both my son and I have Omegas scoped with quick release rings as our state allows them for both rifle and muzzy deer seasons. To be Colorado compliant he has a NECG peep that mounts on the very rear of the Weaver style scope base. It is rock solid with both vert. and horz. adjustments. With the factory front sight and rear peep can't get a longer sight distance than that.

Latest posts

Back