Omega Base & Rings for scope w/o removing the rear sight

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tankhead

Reaction score
I just got my first ML last week and was looking at the T/C Maxima base and some Warne (MED) QD rings. But, in the searches I was doing on this site, it seems like I would have to remove the rear sights with that set-up if I went w/ a scope longer than 11 1/4". I saw a pic of Big6x6's Omega ML, just like mine, but I didn't really want to go with the Nikon Omega scope like his. I was wanting to try the Leatherwood/Hi-Lux TB-ML (3-9x40mm) scope. Eventhough, www.Natchezss.com has the Omega scope for $199 (Silver). Is it just a matter of opting for the "High" instead of "Med" rings? I really would like to keep the sights on. Bowhunting elk last year on and around the Pecos Wilderness, I was going from wide open to fairly thick areas. Can you Omega ML owners recommend some quality base and rings w/o having to remove the rear sights? Thank you!

I have the warne Maxima base with warne medium rings on my T/C Omega. Nikon Omega scope , left the rear sight on.

Nice set-up! But what if I wanted a scope that is longer than the Omega. Would the scope w/ high rings clear the rear sights? AND, if I did go w/ high rings, would that make a huge difference when I shoulder the rifle?

I guess I'll just get the scope, go to the local gun shop and figure it out from there.

Latest posts

Back