Alzheimers is terrible

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GM54-120

Administrator
Staff member
ADMIN
Global Moderator
Supporting member
Reaction score
Ive been through it once with my aunt's mother in law when i was young.

Well its reared its ugly head again but this time much closer to home. My dads wife (Susan) is in the final stages and had a bad reaction to medication. Her mother died from its complications years ago before she married my dad. I knew her but mostly before it got this bad.

She is in tears most of the time and my dad retired a bit early to take care of her. It is so hard to watch it happen and to such a nice lady. We have always been very close but i havent been the best son to either of them.

This is the third time ive seen it happen to one of the nicest people i have ever been honored to know. It WILL NOT shake our faith but i sure could use a prayer or two for them.

Susan helped him beat the "bottle" and suicidal attitude after my mom died and i fear without her it maybe come back. I admire his strength, faith and sofar staying off the booze.

Scott

Alzheimers

My prayers are going out for her, your father and you. I know exactly how you feel. I watched this disease take control of my mother and it gets progressively worse. My mom passed away at age 92 due to this disease. The last 10 years of her life were pure hell for her.
Keep your faith throughout and give her a hug from me.

Latest posts

Back