NIB Omega Auction

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It sure seems like a lot of money compared to what the rifles originally sold for, I've had omegas the last 3 years a couple of them got rebuilt in to Woodman rebuilds but I've shot every one of those and the other ones that I still have all shoot real good including one that was so bad you could not really even see the rifling ,I'm not sure a brand new in the box 8 or 900 even $1,000 Omega it's not a better quality than most of what is available today between the 500 and $1,000 range,,,, a lot of those omegas just had great barrels on them there's really nothing else to say but sure not much to the action and Trigger Etc but that should say something to a lot of us it's all about that Barrel

About the only one I think I could go that high on I'd have to have that race car looking that Diablo posted the pics with the 4198 and the 270 pinpoint if we ever shooting and he ain't looking I'm going to have to slip that into the truck

To my way of thinking, paying that much only makes sense if those T/C guns are collectable. If they are then it makes sense that there would be a lot of interest in the few new examples still available.
I don’t think paying that much for a gun you intend to shoot makes any sense.

Anyone else see the NIB .50 cal Omega on GB with bids at over $800? It has a thumb hole laminate stock and is a beautiful gun, but wow that seems crazy with 6 days left.

Do I need to get out of the Sauna and in with the times???
I think a nib dream season sold for 1100 a few months back. Crazy

I bet that dream season didn't have a rifle bore designed to sell bullets, I also bet that it out shot a lot of the $1,500 and less rifles currently available today, actions, stocks ,Etc triggers might be better ,but when it comes down to the groups at 100 yards I'd put my money on that Omega compared to a lot of what's available today

A Muzzleloader philosophical question to all ,how do you value your muzzleloader ?I guess a lot of qualities that you're looking for of course ,original price would affect that too after all if it was a money investment that matters, but when it really comes down to it I personally value a rifle by how it handles and how it shoots accuracy-wise the function of the trigger and even the tightness or clean lines of the rifle how it's put together lose merit for me real quick when it starts putting bullets in a nice round Clump at 100 yd.

Would you rather have a Weatherby German Mark V that shot an inch and a half or 2 in or a New England single shot with a 5 lb trigger that shot a half inch one is your prettier to look at but one has much more usable value

Would you rather have a Weatherby German Mark V that shot an inch and a half or 2 in or a New England single shot with a 5 lb trigger that shot a half inch one is your prettier to look at but one has much more usable value
That’s a tough one. I think I’d still rather take the nicer rifle (and continue to work on a more accurate load for it). I’m over poorly built ugly rifles with crappy triggers at this point in my life. Lol

My point is a lot of high dollar beautiful rifles do not shoot and I agree you could probably work up a load for that weather be I have had rifles with bad barrels that would shoot Factory ammo three and four inches but they would shoot a hand load into a half inch I maintain you shouldn't have to jump through all those hoops if you're spending that kind of money much as I love beautiful wood and a beautiful gun I'm obsessed with accuracy only accurate rifles

The only Omega that I would not hold in high regard might be the 28 twist 45 Cal and I'm sure some of them shot good the one barrel that I have did not now the one in 20 if I could find that that would be cool I love to have an original new Factory Omega in 1 and 20

The only Omega that I would not hold in high regard might be the 28 twist 45 Cal and I'm sure some of them shot good the one barrel that I have did not now the one in 20 if I could find that that would be cool I love to have an original new Factory Omega in 1 and 20
I have a 1-28 .45…it actually shoots lead conicals very well. Even with the qla. Been looking for a factory 1-20…needle in a haystack I suppose

The 45 one and 28 that I have it's okay it's an inch and a half rifle all of my other ones are half to 3/4 in that are 50 cal and of course the smokeless Barrel ones are half inch and less

Latest posts

Back