Newbie Question

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chuck116

Reaction score
Ok I'm new to traditional ML, I've had a couple Inlines and really do enjoy them. My state ( WV) holds a Mountaineer Season in Jan. traditional weapons only, sidelocks, flintlocks, recurve bow and long bow only, no scopes on the ML. I'm looking to add a side lock to the cabinet and yes I'm on a budget, would like to keep the gun under $350. I'm not above a used gun. Need tips, advice and anything else people with experience can give me . This will be my first Traditional ML

You can get a Traditions deerhunter rifle from deercreek products. List price is $ 309.00.
24 inch barrel, 1/48 twist. 50 cal.
Not fancy but they shoot pretty good, round ball or conical.
The flintlock is a bit more money.
I have 2, a 45 and 50 cal. percussion.

Ok I'm new to traditional ML, I've had a couple Inlines and really do enjoy them. My state ( WV) holds a Mountaineer Season in Jan. traditional weapons only, sidelocks, flintlocks, recurve bow and long bow only, no scopes on the ML. I'm looking to add a side lock to the cabinet and yes I'm on a budget, would like to keep the gun under $350. I'm not above a used gun. Need tips, advice and anything else people with experience can give me . This will be my first Traditional ML
Funny... Thats exactly how I got back into sidelock muzzleloaders and ended up on this forum. Originally from Elkins WV, now live in Winchester, VA area. I found a .45 TC Hawken in a gun shop on consignment and couldnt pass it up ($300) then ended up buying a .50 cal barrel for it. Then bought a TC renegade stock and action for that barrel so now I have two guns. I favor the TC renegades (as Michiganmuzzy pointed out) vs the TC hawkens. Both are good guns and the parts are mostly interchangeable but the renegade stock feels better and doesnt have the extra brass flair. I also second the Traditions MLs if your looking for a new gun.

Latest posts

Back