New Remington Muzzleloader

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i just sold my remington boltaction ..good rifle but hard to clean ..i bought a tradition pursuit lt ..i should have waited for the new remingtons .imagine now they come out with a break open ,oh well maybe i'll sell my tradition and go back to REM. :oops:

well, looks like remington has made an omega. only slightly different in that the block doesnt drop . . . it rolls to the side. otherwise, its an omega. same twist. same barrel length. same false-muzzle type barrel. same aluminum ramrod. same exposed hammer action. have i left anything out? also i note that it is "weather-resistant," not "weather-proof>" :wink:

that's a good question, though, as to where its made. the blued version has a retail price of only $279, which makes my strongly suspect that it isnt made in the states.

black powder said:
i just sold my remington boltaction ..good rifle but hard to clean ..i bought a tradition pursuit lt ..i should have waited for the new remingtons .imagine now they come out with a break open ,oh well maybe i'll sell my tradition and go back to REM. :oops:

Hey BP, welcome aboard...

I don't think it's so bad, except I wonder how the "TorchCam" will perform with a low-mounted scope and if the trigger will be anything but a nightmare. Also looks to be a "different" sorta breech plug that will take a special tool. :?:

I can see where that cam might get a bit difficult to pivot after a few shots.

It isn't an Omega since the trigger guard doesn't look to me like it would beat the heck outa my right hand. :shock: It's also pretty heavy.

If it's a good barrel and the trigger can be made decent without much trouble - might do okay. Patrick may have to have one of the thumbhole models. :wink:

Grouse said:
Hey UC, your going to get Patrick all excited. :)

Nothing to get exited about. The thumbhole is too large and makes the stock look weak. In addition it looks like it's made by Traditions or the company that makes them for Traditions.

http://www.traditionsfirearms.com/eshop ... =R73150450
Look at the sights, fluting and ramrod thimbals.

http://www.traditionsfirearms.com/eshop ... Code=R4106
Look at the breechplug and scope screws.

http://www.traditionsfirearms.com/eshop ... n+Lines%29
Look at the overall stock design. Very similar except the Rem has a higher cheek piece.

Overall I'd say it's the company that makes em for Traditions rather than Traditions themselves.

You's guyz best look again There are some outward similarities but the Remington action is "completely" different. The Remington is not a break-open at all. The barrels (except for one variation) are stainless steel.

Not even in the same league in spite of similarities of appearance. Also think that laminated thumbhole is one of the best looking ones I've seen on a muzzleloader (if you have to have a thumbhole! :) ) Don't think it's a write-off just yet - give 'em a chance fer cryin' out loud! Can you see any resemblance at all between that action and this one?:
R4000%20DETAIL%204_t.JPG
:shock: :wink: :lol: Ah'm chompin at da bit!

Might have to get one and play doctor as soon as I can buy one for shipping costs. :wink:

I've already shortened the barrel on mine :wink:

genesis26.jpg

RandyWakeman said:

:shock: :lol: makes this quote from the website ring a little hollow:

"The long-standing tradition of Remington accuracy began with a muzzleloader ? a flintlock handcrafted by Eliphalet Remington in 1816. This is where we began. And while the Genesis is a new design, it?s built on one of the most solid foundations in gunmaking."

Eliphalet is rolling in his grave . . . :?

black powder said:
it has the same BREECH PLUG as my tradition pursuit lt
Just curious as to how you figured that one out?? I also have Pursuit LT which was and early one and the trigger was awful. I reworked it a lot and it is now just fairly good. I have the .25ACP conversion for the Pursuit LT and wonder how it would work with the rotating breechblock design.

Underclocked said:
You's guyz best look again There are some outward similarities but the Remington action is "completely" different. The Remington is not a break-open at all. The barrels (except for one variation) are stainless steel.

Not even in the same league in spite of similarities of appearance. Also think that laminated thumbhole is one of the best looking ones I've seen on a muzzleloader (if you have to have a thumbhole! :) ) Don't think it's a write-off just yet - give 'em a chance fer cryin' out loud! Can you see any resemblance at all between that action and this one?:
R4000%20DETAIL%204_t.JPG
:shock: :wink: :lol: Ah'm chompin at da bit!

Might have to get one and play doctor as soon as I can buy one for shipping costs. :wink:

I've already shortened the barrel on mine :wink:

genesis26.jpg

The action is different UC, but the styling and minor parts are the same. Perhaps Remington didn't want anyone to know they are not making them. Remember BPI's mistake of introducing Winchester Models EXACTLY like the CVA models exept for some minor changes? Think Remington didn't notice?

All I do know is that I look at that Remington and I see Traditions.

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck.................... :roll:

n8dawg6 said:
i detected a hint of sarcasm in UC's reply :D

Didn't mean it that way but point is it's got Spanish written all over it not Remington. :)

MLKeith said:
black powder said:
it has the same BREECH PLUG as my tradition pursuit lt
Just curious as to how you figured that one out?? I also have Pursuit LT which was and early one and the trigger was awful. I reworked it a lot and it is now just fairly good. I have the .25ACP conversion for the Pursuit LT and wonder how it would work with the rotating breechblock design.

i am not talking about the action [torch cam action] i was refering to the s/s breech plug that screws into the barrel [same as in my persuit lt ]

Back