New muzzleloader

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sabinajiles said:
Stewy84 said:
Just ordered the optima v2 nitride thumbhole 368.29 out the door my funds got cut a little short. That and I wanted the little extra cash for a few different types of bullets. I offered Barnes tez 300 grain and splitfire 285 to start with. Jug of blackhorn, the correct breach plug, cci 209 m primers, and a Nikon inline xr scope o and a powder scale. Thanks
Here's some loads you may want to take a look at. All shot with my Accura V2 this summer.
Left to right: Hornady .45 300 gn SST with a Harvester short smooth black sabot, CEB .430 250 gn Maximus with a Harvester smooth green sabot, Parker .45 275 gn BE with a Harvester red crush rib sabot, Hornady .430 265 gn FTX with a Harvester smooth green sabot, Hornady .458 250 gn Monoflex with a MMP HPH orange sabot.
I planned on trying the sst and I really wanted to get a bunch of different sabots to play with. I like the idea of buying boxes of 50 Hornady of different weight and diameter and doing 5 shot groups. Think in the long run would be a bit cheaper and a truly tailored round. I really like the idea of boat tailed bullets being the reason I ordered some of the Barnes spitfire mz to give a try. I just dumped close to 800 bucks in a day on this wife's not real impressed. Lol thanks

Latest posts

Back