New (Modified) Accurate Molds #46-380M Test

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Idaholewis

Reaction score
The New Bullet Passed the Test :lewis: I was Confident in the Bullet, and The changes i made to it being for the Better. I have had a Small Tin of Jonathan’s “Frontiers Anti-Rust & Patch Lube” for quite awhile now, It worked REALLY well as a Patch lube for me with my Roundball Guns The Few times i tried it, when you get it Between your Fingers and Rub them together it gets SUPER SLICK, It’s Different than Anything Else i have ever tried, hard to Explain? I have been impressed with The texture from the Start, it got me to thinking that it might make a REALLY Good Cold weather Lube? It was 18 Degrees this Morning, a Perfect time to Test and See just how it would do? Here are those Results

gLpN3Uyl.jpg

When you can lay em in there like that at 100 PLUS Yards, especially with Open Sights, It means EVERYTHING is Right. The Bullet, the Lube, the Wad, And The Powder, It ALL PLAYED WELL Together :lewis:

The Lyman Bullet was a Bust, Though i do believe i could get it to Shoot Good, or at least MUCH better in this 1:20 Twist Rice, I’m not gonna fool with it anymore, it earned a Trip to the Chopping Block

When you can lay em in there like that at 100 PLUS Yards, especially with Open Sights, It means EVERYTHING is Right. The Bullet, the Lube, the Wad, And The Powder, It ALL PLAYED WELL Together :lewis:

The Lyman Bullet was a Bust, Though i do believe i could get it to Shoot Good, or at least MUCH better in this 1:20 Twist Rice, I’m not gonna fool with it anymore, it earned a Trip to the Chopping Block
Which Lyman was a bust?

Thats a bummer. Ive been looking for something in the 405gr-420gr range to try in my 1-20.

This Lyman 457193 doesn’t make any sense to me? It is an AWESOME looking Bullet, But it just don’t Shoot like my other Bullets? That was the WORST my 1:20 Twist Rice Barrel has ever Shot a Bullet since I’ve owned it, And This Barrel shoots EVERYTHING I’ve tried in it Good, to EXCEPTIONALLY Good. So for it to Act up with this Bullet as well, I’m Done messing with it! I’ve got Several .45 Cal Molds that Shoot STELLAR, There’s no need to Mess with a finicky bullet like this. As I’ve stated, My 1:30 Twist GM LRH REALLY disliked this Lyman Bullet, And that is another Barrel that Shoots OUTSTANDING. Oh well, Can’t Win em all :) Wouldn’t be fun if we did!

Last edited:
Plenty of folks swear that's one of the best bullets out there. In ML and 45-70. Weird.

Looking back on it, in Reality I’m being Rough on it, But FACT is i have Better Shooting Bullets. 2” inches at 100 Plus Yards with Open Sights Really isn’t that Bad, and that’s counting the slight Hangfire In which i call in the Video, The Hangfire was my own doing, I had the Swabbing Patch WET, I thought i had it Dry enough? I went with it, It was the Lowest Shot in the Group. It measures 2” out. I have the Target Taped up to Re-Use it
KhoQ0z1m.jpg

Flipped over. Bottom shot was the Hangfire
aceuodLl.jpg

My 2 Good, SOLID feeling Shots were 1-1/4” Apart.
HNknljal.jpg

Hey Lew, did you ever try the white Abes lube instead of yours in that bullet? Maybe just a lube sensitive bullet?

Hey Lew, did you ever try the white Abes lube instead of yours in that bullet? Maybe just a lube sensitive bullet?

No I didn’t, i wish i had of though! I stil might play with that Bullet a Little More, if so, i will definitely try a Group with that Same Frontier Lube that i shot my New Bullet with, It shot Darn good!

Back