New LAKE TROUT Record in New Hampshire...

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Of course, luck is involved with catching record fish. However, i've never caught a laker if I was fishing for trout. Two different methods and lures. So, I doubt anybody caught a record laker here without pursuing it.

Then again i've never went after record fish no more than I go after big antlers. Dad brought up me and my brother to not brag about anything.
Well, I was fishing for trout at Trinidad lake and low and behold caught a darned nice size walleye.

Muxzzleloader48, If you truly believe that, fine. but.............After 55 years of fishing , I know that is not true. Just like it's not true about hunting. Yes it can take some luck, but "pure luck", I couldn't disagree more. Respectfully of course .
Here's the deal. I'm not a professional fisherman, don't have all the technological equipment to find out how many fish are in the water or to tell me if they are hungry, or what they prefer to eat today. Truthfully I don't believe in luck (good or bad). I believe you are either fortunate or unfortunate. So, that being said, I cast my line, if there are fish in the area and they are hungry, and I catch one, I consider myself fortunate, if not then unfortunate and I move to a different location. It's just that simple and enjoy the outdoors. Hunting is the same way, an enjoyable outing in the great outdoors, sometimes they are where you expect them and you have seen them, sometimes not, so you keep hunting for sign. Everything thing in life has chance involved. Guess I should have been a philosopher 😂 🤔. I just feel fortunate to enjoy what God created for me.

I agree. You're totally right Bobby. When you read the water, tie on a #22, present it perfectly and a Brownie slams it, that's skill not luck.

No problem guys. I think muzzleloader 48 was more expressing his philosophy and approach which I can certainly appreciate.

Well, I was fishing for trout at Trinidad lake and low and behold caught a darned nice size walleye.
When I think of my luck with a little skill record perspective, your example muzzleloader48 comes close to what I had in mind. Let’s go a little farther and say you were again trout fishing and you caught a record Crappie. Obviously you had the tackle to handle the Crappie…but you are not likely a dedicated and veteran Crappie enthusiast.

I have caught crappie, walleye, brown trout, rainbow trout, perch, bass, catfish, on lures and flies. I look at it this way. Who soever is hungriest is going to bite. It's relaxing, it's fun, just what it should be. About the only place I ever used live bait was on Lake Erie, off the rocks, and with a rubber band trolley. Lots of perch and carp.

Latest posts

Back