New glass for the Elite

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I had an old post, but can't find it. I bought a used Vortex Viper 4-16x44. I decided to replace the Redfield Revolution 4-12x40 on my Elite. I had pondered what height rings to use. Well I bought low and medium. I can tell you if using Warne bases you need medium even on a 30mm tube with a 44mm objective. Can't wait for some decent weather to sight her in. 185 GR. Lehigh, 80.7 grains BH209 weighed MMP Tan, lit by a Rem STS. Going to put the Revolution on my wife's Savage .243 she's going to try hunting this year.

Awesome. Should be a good combo. I think I get more excited about a good piece of glass than even a new rifle. Post a pic if you have time.

Ok,I will definitely get some pictures up as soon as I can. Part two of this, love these quick release rings. I took a Redfield Revenge 6-18x44 Adjustable objective off of the .243 that used to be my woodchuck gun hence the high power scope. I used it for one year on deer not very good at close range. Any way I decided to see if it would fit on the Elite in the 1 inch medium rings that the Revolution was in. Drum roll, it fits. I have been toying around with the MMP Blue sabot .355/.357x45 for a few years now looking for a woodchuck load using 115 gr. 9mm bullets. Now I can swap back and forth with out losing my zero.

Latest posts

Back