broke off sling stud!!!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have an Omega with a synthetic stock. I tried to turn the front rifle sling stud too tight and broke it off flush with the stock. I had a "get the stuck screw out" type of set up and tried to remove the broken piece, but was not able to get it all out and boogered the threads up on the female piece.

Trying to figure out if there is anything I can do short of ordering a new stock. Is there a way to take out the female that is "glued" into the stock?

Will probably call T/C but thought you guys might know. TIA

Call T/C......or have the old threads milled out, then install a bushing with the proper threads.

mcrik

Call T/C. They will probable have you send it to them. If they can't fix it, they will replace it.

gunrac said:
Call T/C. They will probable have you send it to them. If they can't fix it, they will replace it.

That's what I would do too.

Cajun said:
gunrac said:

That's what I would do too.

they would definatly fix it, but this time of year they might be starting to get pretty backed up so id get it to them asap

txhunter58

Couple of thoughts... I just looked at mine...

1. one you could center punch the remaing portion of the screw on the top side. Then start a very smal bit into the stud run it ienough to make an impression and a very shallow start.

Then replace the smal bit with a slightly larger bit and start the drill process. Drilling from the top might just creat enough heat to unstick the stud and then it might also just screw out as the bit turns.

2. you can just push the stud and round nut out of the the stock. then replace the whole assembly. Several methods that you might use to push the assembly out.

You should be able to get a replacement assembly at most sorting goods stores that have rifle accessories...

This is what the assembly should look like....

SlingStudComposite.jpg

I'd fix it a la redneck. Drill it out. Fill with either epoxy or a wood dowel. Then re install a new sling stud. Done.

I don't have patience for sending something in and waiting to get it back,lol :lol:

Back