Check out this Mulie!!!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frontier gander

Reaction score
My brother in law and i went to the NRA to do some shooting with my brothers .270 that i borrowed. We saw loads of antelope and small herds of deer. Then we came up on a total of 4 bucks and 3 does. This is the biggest mulie in the bunch.
11-02-08pics007.jpg

11-02-08pics005.jpg

11-02-08pics006.jpg

11-02-08pics004.jpg

Also saw about 100 elk where we were shooting. The place is just PACKED with animals!

If that is at Raton, he is a decent New Mexico buck. But for a Colorado buck, he is a nice buck with some good potential. Once he gets some width on him, he will be a shooter. He needs another 8-10" in width though. 8)

Having never had the pleasure of hunting a mule deer, I would have thought that was a great buck and took him in a heart beat...

There certainly are bigger mulies, but I wouldn't even think twice about taking him. Beautiful area.

heres a couple more bucks,
11-02-08pics003.jpg

look on the far left of the screen. That buck had a real funky looking rack! At first i thought it was a drop tine until i looked at the pics.
You can also see the big boy herding his does and running them away from us. He and the funky racked buck almost got into it with eachother.
11-02-08pics008.jpg

Great pictures of some fine animals and beautiful country....I enjoyed seeing them. Thank you

Latest posts

Back