New cleaning rod

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ENCORE50A

Long Range Shooter
Supporting member
Reaction score
Cleaning bolt actions with cleaning tubes installed in the action requires a longer cleaning rod. I'd been using a light weight rod for cleaning that just wasn't getting it.
So I contacted a friend and asked him to build me a dedicated and sturdy 40" cleaning rod. It showed up today :) Very happy with it.

I took one of the other shorter rods and attached a jag for swabbing on the range when using BH209. Its now a dedicated range rod for swabbing.
Handles allow rotation of the rods.

IMG_1975.JPG

IMG_1977.JPG

Where do you keep coming up with all these fabulous toys? Looking good!

Can he make a .250 diameter rod for general gun cleaning a d maintenance?

A friend I met at Friendship makes the rods. He'll make them any length one wants for cleaning or loading. Very heavy duty and without question will outlast me.

Does one need to go to Friendship to purchase one of these range rods? I would like one for my Optima V2 pistol with the MZ-REX 2 muzzle brake installed.

Actually two rods.

One for cleaning.

And, one to give to Levi Reed to machine a stainless steel collar that will snugly fit in the opening of either of the MZ-REX 2 muzzle brakes.

To be used at the range after the LR Customs t-handle loading tool pushes the bullet, or sabot/bullet through the brake.

Said loading rod to be fitted with a SpinJag Loader tip.

I'm guessing each rod's shaft will need to be about 20"-22" long. I'll know for sure once the pistol has been fitted for the 2 brakes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does one need to go to Friendship to purchase one of these range rods? I would like one for my Optima V2 pistol with the MZ-REX 2 muzzle brake installed.
No. I'm not sure if he wants to build a bunch, but I can ask.

I sent him a message asking if he would be interested in making more for others.

I just posted it but............. YAHOO! I just talked to the range officer at the club and the 600yd range is open !! YAHOO!

Last edited:

Actually two rods.

One for cleaning.

And, one to give to Levi Reed to machine a stainless steel collar that will snugly fit in the opening of either of the MZ-REX 2 muzzle brakes.

To be used at the range after the LR Customs t-handle loading tool pushes the bullet, or sabot/bullet through the brake.

Said loading rod to be fitted with a SpinJag Loader tip.

I'm guessing each rod's shaft will need to be about 20"-22" long. I'll know for sure once the pistol has been fitted for the 2 brakes.
I clean through my T-Rex CSTM brake through the funnel Levi supplies.

Encore said:
"I just talked to the range officer at the club and the 600yd range is open !! YAHOO!"

Congratulations it's been a long time coming!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back