Gun Regulations in your State

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cbarnettoc14

Reaction score
I saw a video of a guy who shot 3 deer within 8 seconds of each other and was just wondering what other peoples laws were concerning the tagging and hunting process. I know in Ohio it is nessecary to tag a deer immeadiatly after killing it before you are allowed to proceed in hunting the next. Just wondering what other's regulations were? Thanks for the time!

PA

PA, must fill out the tag and attach in to the ear prior to moving the deer.

I know in Virginia, it depends on where you are hunting. Private land with DMAP tags, we could shoot 3 deer back to back. Wack em and stack em.

In New Mexico, you only get one tag per species if you are lucky enough to draw. So, that is not an issue.

We on the other hand get 1 Tag. Per year. And it is only for a Buck unless you are lucky enough to qualify for the antlerless draw. After your buck you are done for another year. And the tag needs to be put on as soon as the deer is found. For Moose we enter a lottery and some of our club members havnt had a bull tag in 28 years. But you can draw a calf tag every year. Doesnt make sense to me at all. I do not favor killing calves. I saw 68 deer a mile away from home on Sunday.

in the lowcountry of SC we can shoot as many BUCKS as we want everyday from August 15 - January 1 (no limit) however you can only shoot 2 does a day you can buy 4 doe tags that are good begining September 15th and can be used any day until January 1. also we get about 16 doe days a year and you are allowed 2 a day on these days as well. so if you like to eat deer meat SC is the place to be

In VA most places on the east side of the blue ridge, you can shoot 2 per day for the year as long as you keep buying tags. You can only kill three bucks per year, the rest have to be does.

Indiana you have to tag it before you move it.Each county has a different quota for does ,some can shoot 8 does in ther county.Then go to a different county and shoot their quota in the same day if you want.

Iowa, like every other state has so many regulations, season and different requirements it hard to stay on top of them. Basically you can get 1 anysex tag with a firearm for your season of choice and 1 anysex tag for bow season. Landowners can get an addition anysex tag for a season of their choosing. However, the DNR is really trying to cut down the population. I won't get into the argument of whether this is good or bad. Either way, essentially you can buy an unlimited number of antlerless tags in counties where they are trying to drop down the deer population until the predetermined antlerless quota is gone. It has not yet been determined what these quotas will be for this upcoming year.

In New York the tag must be filled out immediately upon killing a deer or bear,and the carcass tag separated form the report tag.You do not need to attach the tag while dragging. You attach when reaching camp or a point where transportation is available

Charlie

Latest posts

Back