2010 Inline Models

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mirage1988

You do know that you can change breech plugs to NFPJ and use bare primers, don't cha?

Personally I prefer the plastic jacket for the weather I hunt in - no moisture can get to the powder from the breech - no matter how hard it rains or snows. + I am thinking the jackets are pretty easy to handle vs the bare primer you have to drop in...

But! I also know a lot of people that agree with you.

Re: New guns

Les Staley said:
I bought my plain ole garden variety SS Encore 209X50 after deer season one year, and before long the Pro-Hunter came along.. I've never been dis-satisfied with mine.. when you figure the standard wrench-removeable breech plug is 2 and a half inches shorter than the hand-removeable one, I get 2 and a half inches more of useable barrel.. Les

same here , nothing fancy but gets the job done !!

encorecamoIMG_2051-1.jpg

funman said:
Does anybody think T/C will come out with a smokeless? :?:

IMO , I SURE HOPE NOT !!!!

I am just not a smokeless or LONGGGG range muzzle loader fan . Plus you can't use them here anyway and i hope we never can .

Ed, I honestly can't give an answer because I have yet to own one of the fancied up Encores. I have owned three Encores in the past and sold them all. I will keep this Apex.

If pricing remains at current levels, neither of those Encores can compete in terms of value. And the Apex required no real tweaking, no new springs, no new action pin, no nothing except a 2.5mm ball head hex to make cleaning the firing pin an easier process.

I like triggers on the light side and crisp. I screwed the adjustment out on the Apex and have (if memory serves on the weight) a 2lb 10oz trigger that is very clean and crisp. One thing I've pointed out to the CVA boys is that when you do that, you wind up with an adjustment screw that protrudes downward from just behind the trigger guard. I didn't like that so I just ground off the excess length so that it fits flush when set to minimum. I don't know if they are going to change that design or not but it was more a cosmetic than funcional issue anyway. You could just leave the screw out but it's easy to grind a screw down. :)

Back