Need help identifying this soft bait.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shorty

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Supporting member
Reaction score
This bait was given to me by a friendly fisherman. The jig head is mine. I wish i knew who makes the soft bait and what color this is. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Ty shortyIMG_1435.jpeg

If it's about 4" long it could be a Yamamoto Zuko paddletail. The Yamamoto paddletail has some small ring texture on the front of the bait's body where your hook is shown in the bait, while this one is smooth, so it could be an earlier or later version of the bait too. I didn't get an exact count on the Yamamoto's segments either. This could be a home injection mold or a store bought knock-off too.

After checking things a bit closer, this is not a Zako from Yamamoto. The Zako has four segment separating waists, not two.

Are you fishing this in salt water?

Last edited:
If it's about 4" long it could be a Yamamoto Zuko paddletail. The Yamamoto paddletail has some small ring texture on the front of the bait's body where your hook is shown in the bait, while this one is smooth, so it could be an earlier or later version of the bait too. I didn't get an exact count on the Yamamoto's segments either. This could be a home injection mold or a store bought knock-off too.

After checking things a bit closer, this is not a Zako from Yamamoto. The Zako has four segment separating waists, not two.

Are you fishing this in salt water?
Hi Mr.Tom, this is a very good fresh water perch/crappie bait. It is about 2” long, the man said something about grub? Sorry i did not put length information in before. It is ugly and the fish love it. Ty shorty

Hi Mr.Tom, this is a very good fresh water perch/crappie bait. It is about 2” long, the man said something about grub? Sorry i did not put length information in before. It is ugly and the fish love it. Ty shorty
I’ll check thru the small baits and get back to you here later.

Probably a mold made to order and used as a home or small business injection.

I found this last night on line, it looks like a match but i am not sure of the color. Called Neds baits, there headed my way now, packages of 10.

Looks good Shorty. I never looked at Brewer's site. I guess I haven't looked at that site for several years.

Back