Need a formula for a Knight Vision,please.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cole

Reaction score
I'm needing a formula for a Knight Vision,the MK-85 that I handed down to my son for his first season drives nails at 100yds. using 100grs. of Pyrodex pellets and 295 gr. powerbelt hollowpoints,its a different story with the Vision,I tried a couple of different things without success. I would greatly appreciate any and all information,thanks in advance.

Tim

Cole said:
I'm needing a formula for a Knight Vision,the MK-85 that I handed down to my son for his first season drives nails at 100yds. using 100grs. of Pyrodex pellets and 295 gr. powerbelt hollowpoints,its a different story with the Vision,I tried a couple of different things without success. I would greatly appreciate any and all information,thanks in advance.

Tim

Try 2 pellets and some 250 and or 300 grain barnes expanders. Knights tend to like Barnes expanders. There are so many combinations its really hard to pin point any one load because every gun is different.

I will say this I am not a fan of powerbelts at all and I have my reasons for that.

drop your charge down to 80gr and the bullets performance *on game* will increase drastically.

I would go with 100 grains of BH 209 and a 300 grain Knight Red Hot.

Use either some Barnes or Knight solid copper bullet/sabot combos, 250 or 290 grain and some loose Triple Seven 3F. Start with 85 grains and work up . Somewhere around 90-95 grains, you should find a sweet spot.

Latest posts

Back