Went to denver & Sportsmans warehouse.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frontier gander

Reaction score
The stores shelfs were empty! They had ZERO loose blackpowder ( subs) only pellets. Blackhorn209 i saw was listed for $32.99 Not bad i thought.

I handled the Triump and the Bone collector. What a pain in the butt to close them. The bone collector easily fit me a lot better over the triump. The triump i had to squeeze my cheek bone down tight and even the guy behind the counter noticed it. I did the speed breech on both and what threw me off at first was how your had to push inward and then turn it to close up tight. Both barrels were polished very nicely on the insides, a big upgrade from the previous triump i handled last year.

He wouldnt let me dry fire it to check the trigger pulls on them. They still have a pretty small trigger guard and i did not like the way you had to press closed the action. It was very stiff to close the triump but the bone collector closed fine. It was the blue/black.

I hated the color of the stock on it but hey we all know colors dont always matter but at $550, it mattered to me :lol:

Sights on the bone collector came into view really well, 99x better than the triump.

I also handled a cva accura ( blue/black) and checked it all out and was pleased to find another sweet 2lb ( my guess) trigger with zero creep or grit. Im glad i bought the thumbhole version as it felt that it handles a lot better and just feels a lot more comfortable in my hand.

It was a fun day but i missed out on going to The mountain man store :evil: It closes at 5pm....damn traffic in denver is BS. Its all caused by 3 idiots doing 55 in a 75, stretched out in all 3 lanes.

Ours here in TN is the same way. Though the nice man behind the counter told me the 15th of this month they would be coming out of bankruptcy so they should be able to start ordering a lot more. As of right now, they can't order anything. Just have to stock what gets sent to them.

Well, at least your stores are still open and have a hope for more supplies in the future........mine here was closed completely down. :(

The one here in Kentucky closed the end of July. One of the guys working there told me the reason this one closed was because it was doing such good business they knew they could sell everything out quickly at good prices where some of the stores not doing such hot business would have a hard time getting rid of their inventory.
That makes sense, right? Close the ones doing a good business and keep the poor performers open.

Back