My Hand-tie Salmon Flies...

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes
Delivering a FLY with a Spinning Rod rig is MUCH frowned-upon among your "traditional" fly-rod fishermen. However 🤫, I've done it sparingly in the past with success when the stream spring levels were running too high for the Fly Rod. I would use a clear bobber to get the FLY out into the middle of the current.
[/QUOTE

No it won't if I don't think like you. So, what does being born in Mass explain about me?
I don't know what it explains about YOU old mtn man, but your in good company with me because I was born in Mass as well. probably lucky you got out, I got out too but I did ok , and I met Marty there. I think he's from PA though

I liked growing up in Mass. I raced sports cars and dirt bikes. That was fun. I got married and a divorce drove me away. I have to admit that the hunting is much better in Colorado. We have so much land we can hunt here it's not hard to get lost. Plus, there are no elk in Mass and I do love elk meat. :)

Hey Marty. I was just looking again at those beautiful salmon flies you tied and posted a while back. I'm thinking I'd like to buy 1 of your Yellow Duster flies if you don't mind tying one up?. Don't have any Salmon around here but I think I'd like to get it framed and hang it above my bench. Thanks FP

Hey Marty. I was just looking again at those beautiful salmon flies you tied and posted a while back. I'm thinking I'd like to buy 1 of your Yellow Duster flies if you don't mind tying one up?. Don't have any Salmon around here but I think I'd like to get it framed and hang it above my bench. Thanks FP

Thank you VERY much flashpoint for your compliment.
The Yellow Duster photo is directly from my visual-reference fly-tying archive. Let me go back and find my tying notes on material used and see if I have what it takes to tie you one-up. If I don't have the materials at hand I will at least post the ingredients. This pattern can be tied on a variety of hook sizes. What hook type and size did you have in mind?

I don't know what it explains about YOU old mtn man, but your in good company with me because I was born in Mass as well. probably lucky you got out, I got out too but I did ok , and I met Marty there. I think he's from PA though
Got out of PA when very young. Before becoming brainwashed by East Coast libs!

Back