My 8x7 CO Bull

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, it was the 300 grain Thor. 120gr/vol (84 grains on a scale) of BH209.

Not sure if you were making a joke or not txhunter, but this was at around 8800'.
On a side note, some friends came up from Tx for archery hunting this year. The "helpful" lady at the CPW office told them they wouldn't find any elk below 11,000' :huh?:

Excellent story of persistence that I can relate to and thanks for sharing! I happen to have the same gun but haven't shot it yet (bow hunted this year) so at least I have a starting point on what powder and bullet to try. Looks like you used the standard rear "v" sight I assume. How long a distance did you practice at if I might ask? I'm wanting to be able to shoot out to 200yds but not sure I could do that with a "v" sight as the eyes might limit that. Anyway, thanks again for a great story!

It has the standard Williams sights that came on it. I want to eventually change it over to a peep sight system. I practiced at 100 yards, and won't go past 150. Even at 150 with open sights, much of the animal is covered up. Not saying that 200 isn't possible, but just isn't for me.

Awesome story and bull!
I chuckled about the grouse :D I once made a high toss with a rock at a valley quail not expecting to even come close enough to flush them and nailed one on top of the head and had a dead quail.

I think txhunter was commenting on how some think all the elk are at timberline in Sept in Colorado when in fact there are elk from the sagebrush to the pinyon/junipers to the oak brush to the aspens and on up the above timberline alpine. I believe a lot of big bulls stay in that thick oak brush for a lot of the year.

Congrats :!: :!: :!: :!: That's an awesome bull :!: :!:

Ray......... :yeah:

What a bull, congrats man

I prefer meat in its original packaging

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back