My 10 Year Wait for an MK-95 .54cal is Finally Over!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ShawnT , The Easton Core Rod I bought are telescoping . They are available in 22,24,26,an27inch. (I like the stiffness of the new Easton ram rod better than the old ones ) I also had a shop cone the end of the cleaning jag so it works as a bullet alignment tool , It seems to work pretty good.

wesley396 said:
ShawnT , The Easton Core Rod I bought are telescoping . They are available in 22,24,26,an27inch. (I like the stiffness of the new Easton ram rod better than the old ones ) I also had a shop cone the end of the cleaning jag so it works as a bullet alignment tool , It seems to work pretty good.
Wesley396,

Thanks for that info! I will keep it in mind. I like the Knight jag better that the OxYoke I used to make mine, theirs is a longer jag and hold the patch better. I don't shoot pointy bullets so the standard jag works ok for me. It would be nice if they sold them coned out to fit the pointed bullets on the side so you could swap it out. I can imagine that the new rod would be a good bit stronger than the original. Their web site does not tell you it is telescoping, that's a shame. Its a nice feature in the field for swabbing.

Back