Savage #5

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doohan

Reaction score
Picture216.jpg

Just finished this up over the weekend. This was a blue/syn 10ML with the addition of a B/C Duramaxx stock from Midway USA ( $89 ). I took off the ramrod thimble and irons. This is my first Blued 10ML and I really like it. The blueing is perfect on this gun.

Now off to the range!

doohan, ive got two of those replacement b/c stocks and im a big fan. they're leagues ahead of the tuppeware stocks that usually come as a factory synthetic stock. looks good 8)

p.s. florida is going to take ohio state DOWN . . . . . . or not. if auburn could beat florida, i dont think ohio state will have any trouble :cry: :D

Does the 10ML just drop into the stock or do you have to make some modifications?

N8 -

Go BUCKS!

It should be a good game... Should be entertaining!

506th-
For the most part, it was a dropin. I started to mill out for the ramrod but decided I really didnt want it on this gun ... looks really good without it. I had some minor fitting required to free up the accutrigger, maybe about 30 minutes of very minor sanding. It is leap years ahead of the supplied stock!

Doohan,

In your opinion, is there enough material in the forearm to add a ramrod channel if one wished to do so?

I'm considering the purchase of a blue/syn 10ML-II and I've looked at that same stock as a replacement option. That price is hard to beat and now that I've seen yours, the look speaks for itself. Awesome!!

Thanks

Doohan,

If I decided to go the route you did and leave the ramrod off the gun, is there collapsible ramrod out there? Something compact you could carry in the field.

I have a 3pc rod that I got with my SMI and I also have carried a Power rod taped to the side of my bipod in the past.

In reality, we only get one shot. I have rarely if ever had the opportunity to miss twice in rapid succession. ( Thanks Delta :evil: )

I will work on it more this weekend on the ramrod but I really liked the slick look without all the thimbles and irons..

In your opinion, is there enough material in the forearm to add a ramrod channel if one wished to do so?

It is going to be VERY close. That is precicely why I stopped for the time being. I will work on it more this weekend.

Doohan, thanks for posting! That is what I am looking at myself... looks really good.

I am interested in the ramrod thing myself... may have to call B&C.

I was also looking at the all over camo "effects" offered by B&C. I wonder if it is as durable as the Black Ice Teflon coating?

Looks great JJ..... As you know I'm a big fan of the SMI field rod as well and your gun looks great without a thimble hanging off it.

Go Buckeye's...

Screw the BCS!!!

XS Sights makes a take-down metal rod as well as their replacement T-handle ram rod.

jim

Doohan, Checked out Midway and they have the spiderweb for $99, black at $89... when did you get yours?

I am looking at the olive w/black webbing and then getting the MLII barrel/bolt area Blackiced

I got it a couple of weeks ago, you are correct on the price. It was 99 bucks. Sorry for the typo, I was going off of memory. It is still head and shoulders over a standard stock.

Sorry for the misinformation.. I must have been thinking of the black stock.

Thaty would make a very nice combo!!! If you get your stock and dont like it.. give me a buzz.. I need one for a 12 FV I have.

Now hurry! I cant wait to see the photos!
:lol: 8) :lol: 8) :lol:

Back