Most IMPORTANT improvements to Savage ML-II...

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What is the ONE item YOU feel that needs to be added to the Savage ML-II..

• Thumbhole stock

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Filler screws for receiver

• Socket head for breech plug

• Recoil pad

• Improve/stiffen synthetic stock

• Addition of a cleaning jag

• Designated bolt stop instead of using rear action screw

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

big6x6

Reaction score
Please vote for the ONE improvement that YOU feel needs to be added to the Savage Ml-II.

I voted bolt stop. Even without it...I'm still a Happy Camper! :D

I have not voted yet but I see Patrick has! :lol: Maybe I'll get to cast the winning vote!

Guess I'm not the only person interested in a thumbhole stock for the Savage. :wink:

No reason at all they all cannot be addressed right now. :shock:

The bolt stop got the vote, as that partially addresses other issues, and most of the other items readily can be had if you care to pay for them.

I would really like to not have to take out the screw to remove the bolt. Since I do a lot of T7 shooting.
Redclub

RandyWakeman said:
The bolt stop got the vote, as that partially addresses other issues, and most of the other items readily can be had if you care to pay for them.
My exact thoughts also! Another vote for the bolt stop.

The bolt stop got my vote although they should trash the trashy synthetic stock.
charlie

As Poll is progressing.....looks like a lot of "meat & potatoes" type 10 ML-II guys here at least per early votes coming in from local ML precincts. :lol:

Redclub said:
I would really like to not have to take out the screw to remove the bolt. Since I do a lot of T7 shooting.
Redclub

redclub, you do know that you do not have to remove the screw but only loosen it a few turns and the bolt can be removed.

my vote went to the recoil pad. To be totally honest though the 10 ml II really doesn't have any bad features. It is by far the nicest ml on the market.

Looks like the dedicated bolt-stop is WAY ahead of everything else. Thumb-hole stock and a real recoil pad are tied distant seconds!

Back