mmp sabots

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can I get an AMEN from the congregation!

Seriously, Del Ramsey runs a GREAT opperation. I will forever start with his sabots.

The quality control is pretty good on both MMP and Harvester sabots the one thing I can not understand is why no one has charted the barrel sizes with sabot and bullet sizes. There is a number of thickness of sabots and a number of different barrel sizes... I have seen some people out at the club that were at a total loss because the combination they happened to buy would not work together { of course I helped them} but if no one happens to come along they can be in a very frustrating and some times even dangerous situation.

I agree with lee9 100% and agree that MMP makes a good product But if you think that you are not paying for shipping you better think about it again at 10.75 per 50 sabots belive me you are paying for shipping also.

Ron

lungbuster1 said:
I agree with lee9 100% and agree that MMP makes a good product But if you think that you are not paying for shipping you better think about it again at 10.75 per 50 sabots belive me you are paying for shipping also.

Ron

Yep, $10.75 is pretty steep for 50 sabots.

Okie Hog said:
lungbuster1 said:

Ron

Yep, $10.75 is pretty steep for 50 sabots.

Now HOLD ON there little doggie! :shock: :D

There's more than one way to look and things and here is the way I look at THIS situation...

Midsouth has that exact sabot for $6.84. Of course the MINIMUM shipping amount to ME(I'm so close I get it the next day, regular shipping) is $9.00. So that's $15.84. But wait a minute... There is a $3.00 surcharge for orders less than $20.00 so that comes to $18.84 for the same pack of 50 sabots.

...and consider the fact that you get the newest sabots available, LATEST formulations when ordering direct from MMP...WELL worth it, IMO!

Very good points Chuck.

I always try look at the BIG PICTURE too when making a purchase. For me to go buy a pack of sabots (where they have a selection) I have at least a 60 mile drive, one way! Now if I take my truck (22 MPG), it would cost me about $23 in gas, my car (30 MPG) $15+ in gas, not to mention the wear and tear on the vehicle and two to three hours of time. Then figure in the extra things you just had to have while you were there, and the possibility of them not having the exact sabot you need. :cry: The Sabots can range from $7-$9 per pack, then add about another 50 cents for the 6% MI sales tax on top of your gas cost. My $.02, and it didn't even cost you a penny. :lol:

I'm not trying to Down MMP at all I have orderd from them and will continue to do so all I am saying is that you are paying for shipping some were in that price. You get nothing for free but advise and some times that comes @ a price also.

Ron

lungbuster1 said:
I'm not trying to Down MMP at all I have orderd from them and will continue to do so all I am saying is that you are paying for shipping some were in that price. You get nothing for free but advise and some times that comes @ a price also.

Ron

So true LB.

I'm not so naive as to think that Del is shipping these things to me on his dime. I'm just saying that even with shipping rolled into the cost, they're still a good buy.

Back