Renegade set trigger

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wymuley

Reaction score
I had a tc renegade .50 given to me, but I don't understand how to adjust the set trigger. I set the back trigger, but when I pull the front one the hammer only goes down to half cock. The front trigger works fine. Any advice would be appreciated.

Take the trigger assy out clean it up and use alittle lock tight you have some lose screws in her.

Had the same problem Good luck

Nah your triggers are out of adjustment. Double triggers are a pain explain when it comes to adjusting them.

Take the trigger guard off and screw it both triggers screw and slowly back them out a little at a time. The screw for the rear trigger should be screwed in more than the front. Its just hard to explain when you're not there to show that person exactly how to do it.

Unscrew a little at a time and you'll get them working.

is the second screw for the rear the allen wrench one on the inside?

I did find one piece floating around in there. It's really small with a point on one end and pivot peg on the other

wymuley

I am not sure what FG is telling you maybe that is the way you do a CVA, but a TC is different....

TC's triggers are really pretty simple...

There is only the one screw that you will see right between the tiggers... Turn the screw out several turns, pull the hammer back to half cock, then pull the set trigger, turn the screw in until you hear a click, then turn the screw back out a quarter of a turn... BUT - it really sounds like your triggers are working - the problem will be in the Lock

Pull the hammer all the way back, pull the set trigger pull the fron trigger all should work OK now - Except for yours. The smal part you found is probably a part from the lock and it is probably the fly which causes the sear to skip the half cock position on the tumbler when the trigger is pulled.

http://rmcsports.com/catalog.htm

Look at the picture on the right - look for Part #53 - that might be the small part that fell out of your Lock Assembly.

If you need any other help let me know...

I just did a search fo a picture of a TC Renegade Lock and found this

No kidding. Couldn't find a picture of the inside of a TC lock. Must be one out there somewhere. If not, maybe someone with a Renegade or Hawken will post one up for reference.

flint.gif

flint model but the best I found (thanks to Mike)

wymuley

Theoretically that part should be captured under a plate that holds the tumbler and fly in one place...

If you need an actual picture of the lock and placement of the fly let me know - I can get one from here - actually I need to get some parts out anyway.

Let me know about the picture

I am off today and since the weather is so wonderful. haha. I will take it apart and look at it. Thanks for the picture that is just what I needed. I really appreciate your help.

Latest posts

Back