Blazers first trip to the NRA

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frontier gander

Reaction score
Well boys, My brother in law and i took our muzzys out to the NRA on sunday and wow! Windy as heck, 30 to 40MPH wind gusts and never seemed to let up.

I first started off at 25 yards, took one shot, adjusted and then took a couple shots at 50 yards. Actually, i took 3 shots at 50 and all 3 touched

I adjusted 8 to the right and 10 down and got her perfectly center. Fired 5 more shots and again, all of them were touching!

My brother in law did a few shots with his Wolf and said, Lets go out and shoot some fun targets.

Have not crowned the muzzle yet,
000_1237.jpg

000_1239.jpg

Once we got to the 200 yard range, I switched over to Jim Shockeys Gold 3F Along with the 295gr Powerbelts.
000_1241.jpg

3 shots at 200 yards and the 4x scope. I was very surprised to see how well the 4x scope does on this rifle. Its just a cheapie BSA Classic.
000_1242.jpg

One heck of a rifle! I let the main office guy try out the trigger and his eyes bugged out and he says, Holy S&*(@(!!!! What is that? A 1/2lb trigger?! WOW, thats a freakin hair trigger on that!

It was a fun evening though with the Blazer. When i get back from MI, i am going to mod a new nipple for it and see what else i can do with her. Really fun light weight rifle now.

I guess Jim Shockeys Gold is pretty accurate at 200 yards! It will be interesting to Chrono this short barrel and see what kind of numbers she puts out.

If it shoots good and is easy enough to load, I am not sure I would mess with the crown. That is one place a lot of rifles get messed up. Short barrel does not mean lack of accuracy. Just look at a White rifle with a 22 inch barrel. They shoot like the devil.

Windy like it was, don't be surprised if you scope is off a little on a calm day. Other then that.. nice shooting.

Great Shooting FG

Be warned though, shooting steel rams ect is VERY addictive. During the off season my hunting stand has them setup at all the vantage points and all it takes is a can of paint for a fresh target.

BANG.....................................DING! :yeah:

Latest posts

Back