leupold rx II range finder

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dodge

Reaction score
anyone use a leupold rxII range finder this is the second year now that i have trouble ranging deer . last year they told me to leave it in bow mode. i tried that and every other setting on the thing trying to range three does from my blind with no luck, even tried it on trees , somtimes i'd get a reading other times nothing. anyone else have this problem?

I know mine has to be held very steady to get it to range. Longer distances require more time and any movement can result in no reading.

DC

I have a Nikon & leave it packed for the most part. When I do use it I range trees, bushes, hills etc before the game shows up. Then you know ahead of time distances to several directions. Then one can get ready for the shot when the time is right.

I have an RXII and it took awhile for me to get set properly for me. I have mine in rifle mode I believe and it seems to be doing a good job. If you hold the button down while ranging, it will "scan". Sometimes it will pick up the little branches that get in your way so use common sense while using it too. Im not sure if I have mine set on first or last return but it does have a setting for ranging through brush/fog. I believe thats the setting I had to change. Once I got it set, I left it alone so im sorry I cant be of moe help.

I normaly get set in my stand or blind and then start ranging trees or terain features. Only a few times have I ranged deer and when I did, it worked. The farthest I have ranged anythign was 700 yards I beieve and that was an old car.

in the back yard i can range the dog good she's a choc. lab,darker than a deer and the manual even states that darker things are not as reflective as lighter objects.maybe it can't bounce back and find the window of the blind i'm sitting in? i'll have to take a ride out in the country and try it at different objects to see what happens.

I have one and have had no problems with it from bow to rifle hunting.

JC

Latest posts

Back