LEE Mold Modification?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Swamp

Supporter
Supporting member
Reaction score
I would like to have one of my LEE bullet molds modified to eliminate the lube groove and gas check recess as they are not needed since I shoot this bullet with a 50 cal sabot. Do any of you know of someone who could modify this mold for me? Not sure what the cost would be, and it might just be better to order an Accurate mold to more of my liking?

Reasons - I would like to add more bearing surface to the sabot, and add some weight.

G
I would like to have one of my LEE bullet molds modified to eliminate the lube groove and gas check recess as they are not needed since I shoot this bullet with a 50 cal sabot. Do any of you know of someone who could modify this mold for me? Not sure what the cost would be, and it might just be better to order an Accurate mold to more of my liking?

Reasons - I would like to add more bearing surface to the sabot, and add some weight.
Go with accurate molds ,your mods to the Lee will cost more and not for nothing , it will still be a cheap mold! Ed

SDPorter was making some molds and i believe he modified a couple molds for someone. But i haven't seen him on here since last year. If it were me and i was set on modding a Lee mold i might try to just do it on a drill press, or by hand with a Dremel. Their molds are inexpensive and being aluminum, should be pretty easy to mod.

Latest posts

Back