The Accura has arrived...

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fisherman94

Reaction score
Accura came today... I am very impressed overall with the gun, especially how light it is. It's quality is better than a lot of other guns I have seen. It just feels more solid... :lol:

I'm planning on taking it to the range this weekend. It's a 50. Any suggestions on were to start?

I got one comeing also. The SS black from Cabelas. Let us know how it does for ya.

I asked the same question. Check it out below in this forum. Got some good advise- Hornadys and powerbelts.

quigley said:
I asked the same question. Check it out below in this forum...the subject "Couldnt pass on the Accura." Got some good advise- Hornadys and powerbelts.

:D :) 8)
Gents, you have a really fine rifle in your hands now. I have 2 ACCURA'S. 1 black/blue and the other black/stainless. CVA ACCURA'S are second to none as far as I'm concerned. I used Pyrodex, Blackhorn209, and Tripple 7. I also tried Remington STS Primers. None of those worked well in my rifles. I had a terrible crud/burn ring and almost had to clean the rifle after every shot.
Changed to APP GOLD 100 grs. REMINGTON KLEANBORE PRIMERS and I had no more problems. I shoot 3 rounds and then after the 3rd shot I spit swab after each shot. I don't check the breech plug until after the 7th or 8th shot. I have found that accuracy has not been effected at all and my groups at the range are impressive. Took 2 does this season and both deer were hit were I was aiming. 1 was a heart shot and the other was a lung/liver shot. Powerebelt 295 gr H/P's :!: :!: Really easy to load :!: :!:
CVA puts out quality rifles. You won't be disappointed believe me...............CRAFTSMENSHIP,QUALITY and PERFORMANCE....ACCURA'S :!: :!: :!:

The main thing is make sure the bore is totally oil/residue free. Mine had a dark oily film and took a few patches.

Inspect the breach plug for anti seize and apply as needed. Teflon tape works fine too. Mine was kinda dry and pretty loose. It doesnt need to be super tight but it was too loose..

Shoot off a primer or 2.

Go have fun :wink:

It shoots a wide variety of primers/bullets/powders/sabots well so find out what you like. Get some Crushribs sabots in case you get some bullets that are tight is a good idea too.

And Congrats. :yeah:

Latest posts

Back