Lead melting.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bought the Lee Magnum furnace. It works GREAT. Now to figure out how to lube the bullets without making a damned mess. All the "recipes" seem way to soft. Thinking I need just beeswax and a few drops of Murphys oil or Pinesol. in it.
Firestick, talk to Jonathan(frontiergander) about that problem. He should be able to steer you in the right direction.

I'm currently saving up for a few pounds of powder; after that I'll be on the Lee 20 lb quest.
I was looking at that Lee 20 pounder also. That magnum melter looks like a pretty good deal also. I'll check reviews.
There's a scrap yard in Trinidad. know the folks there and always have plenty of lead on hand. Last time the boys came home with over a hundred pounds. Gonna head there for some more today! Since we grew up chewing lead paint on the crib and elsewhere around the house....I never knew what they meant by lead poisoning .... it comes out the end of the barrel👉😊.

I'm currently saving up for a few pounds of powder; after that I'll be on the Lee 20 lb quest.
Hanshi, I sure hope you can find what you need. Those damned shelves are like ole mother Hubbard...bare.
Jonathan has been grinding his own....stuff works like a charm. 2fg, 3fg, etc. May good fortune be upon you.

Hanshi, I sure hope you can find what you need. Those damned shelves are like ole mother Hubbard...bare.
Jonathan has been grinding his own....stuff works like a charm. 2fg, 3fg, etc. May good fortune be upon you.

Looking maybe at Graf's; either that or Jack's battle Powder again.

Bought the Lee Magnum furnace. It works GREAT. Now to figure out how to lube the bullets without making a damned mess. All the "recipes" seem way to soft. Thinking I need just beeswax and a few drops of Murphys oil or Pinesol. in it.
https://www.frontiermuzzleloader.com/threads/lubing-conical-bullets-the-easy-way.11275/
Murphys oil soap / Pinesol will do you no good. If what ever lube you are using seems to soft, add a little bit of beeswax to it to stiffen it up.

Latest posts

Back