Knight's Extreme Utlimate Slam not being released until 2010

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
White/Knight, wasn't that a really bad 70s trucker song about a CB and a trooper?

IMO, Knight has spent too much money trying to engineer the next best thing, and have fallen short. Now don't get me wrong, these rifles all shoot, and some may be your favorite rifle, but they definitely are not in favor of the masses. I have had a MK-85 since they were introduced, and several other Knights (7 total) since.

EBSCO Industries Inc., the parent company of Knight Rifles has lost touch with the end consumer of the muzzleloading market. Click on the link and read their 7 values.

http://www.ebscoind.com/

Knight has never been the same since the Disc Rifle, the Elite was arguably one of the best "out-of-the-box" shooting muzzleloaders of all time. Yet they discontinued it a year after it's introduction to make room for muzzleloaders that don't sell. The proprietary FPJ was also a big setback IMO, they continued to build rifles around that ignition source instead of working to improve their breech plugs like T/C has.

The dire straights Knight Rifles is now in started with the Revolution, then then throwing good money after bad the Revolution II. Then came the Vision, the KRB7, the KP1, and the Shadow. These rifles have all been toads, not one of them has resided at my address. The KP1 REALLY could have been their savior, but they introduced it without proper engineeering and testing, further turning off their customer. I really wanted one of the KP1 rifles, until I spent some time with one. As a matter of fact it seems several companies are letting their customer do some of their R&D after the fact. This all costs money and time, something several companies are running out of these days. Now in Knights defense, the KP1's I have handled as of late with the new improved short throw hammer have really been nice, but guys have to send in their rifles to be retrofitted with the new trigger/hammer group that should have been engineered into the original design.

I sure hope they can pull themselves up by their bootstraps and weather the storm. These big corporations just don't get it, 'til it is too late to do anything about it. With all the outdoor products and the good people involved at EBSCO/PRADCO Outdoor Brands, you would think that not all of these guys have lost their way. Unfortunately once these smaller companies sell out to Mr Big, their vision gets clouded and their voice muted with all the corporate BS. EBSCO is a very diverse company, Knight is just another fish in their barrel.

If Knight is waiting until next year to introduce the EUS, because they want to further engineer the ignition system to get it right, then I aplaude them. I already know there is a better ignition system than the 209, I hope Knight has discovered that too and is working in that direction.

This is my take on where Knight is today, I could be totally off the mark, but it parallels my experience in dealing with Corporate America.

Wherever Knight is today, I wish them well, and we NEED them around!

I have to agree with you Busta, I think your observations are right on. KevinBrian, if I am not mistaken I think the same parent company owns Green Mountain Barrels that owns Knight. I really hope they can get it together, I am sure it is tough when a lot of the big box stores drop your line. I have 4 knights, a wolverine, an MK-85 a disc extreme and a disc elite. I love every one of them.
There is no doubt that t/c has done a lot better job of marketing whether or not they have a better product is open for debate. I think they are having their problems too. I personally think that offering their newest guns with this weather shield finish instead of the stainless steel is a big mistake. I might have bought a Triumph if I could get it in SS. I don't think that finish will stand the test of time.
Just my opinions,
Art

Busta: I think you summed it up perfectly. IMO after Tony Knight sold the company... they have definitely lost touch with what the MZ shooter wants.

It seems they are always a step or two behind both T/C and CVA. Maybe they need to take a "breather" for a while. Because they need to to get this next rifle right. They desperately need to hit a home run with this one... because it may be their last try (hope not).

Some of what you said is true Busta, but I won't say all... Actually the Vision and KRB7 are really fine Muzzleloaders not toads at all. The KRB is as good a conical shooter as any White and the Vision is a very accurate BH209 shooter... the Revolution is a good gun, knight probably should a have done a little more testing before the release and the same can be said for the KP1. Of course TC has done a great job of promotions where Knight has not... if every TV personality was using and promoting the Knight KRB and 460 Noex's then you would have a hot seller... it's all about perception and that's where knight has dropped the ball.

Well, I got tired of waiting and bought a new Endeavor for this years gun.
Got it in camo and put a camo Nikon Omega on it, now I will try and make it shoot as good as my Triumph. Lee

SWThomas said:
Batchief909 said:
I'll take ya up on that bet. 8) :wink:

So you're actually under the delusion that every single item in your residence is made in America??? If so, please pass whatever you're smoking. But I think you were joking....

Never said that every single item in my resdience was. That was YOUR delusion. 8) Your bet was what you proclaimed. 50 items in 30 seconds. It still stands, I hope? 8)

And while yer here,,,I'll take ya out and show ya what a reliable rifle shoots like. All 4 of 'em.... 8) :wink: (without any pin modifications, or sabot configurations,,forearm sandings,,nipple mods,,etc,,etc. All with good old Swiss powder) :wink:

I DO have some bullets that Doohan sent me free of charge though. (those don't count) 8)

(Well Known Spanish Gun Company) has never produced an original product. They just buy a Knight or a T/C and copy it. They even copy the T/C owner's manuals. When you produce copies out of inferior materials in foreign countries, it's easier to make a profit.

i dont ever remember a spanish company dumb enough to copy knights plastic primer jacket thingy or copy tc's paint on barrel idea.

frontier gander said:
i dont ever remember a spanish company dumb enough to copy knights plastic primer jacket thingy or copy tc's paint on barrel idea.

:lol:

Well, a coat of paint might have kept the fragmenting to a minimum & the plastic primer jacket could have reduced personal injury when the unsuspecting shooter was struck in the forehead by the improperly threaded breechplug.

The American made Remington has never had a problem. The spanish made Remington on the other hand.........;(

Arguing with that troll gives him nothing but ammunition for his next stupid remarks. Sorry, Chuck, but the guy bugs me.

Back