• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Modern Muzzleloader and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Knight Disc Elite .45 rough bore

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I bought at a gun show hoping for the best and it didn’t work as planned. Barrel shows pitting and blueing was removed in places by previous owner trying to eliminate rust.

Breachplug, fpj bolt, and stock are all good.

I was always going to lap the bore a bit and see how it would shoot… that was 10 years ago so likely never going to happen.

No idea where to price it so starting at $150 shipped. Figure stock and bolt are worth that.

Attachments

• IMG_2728.jpeg
    IMG_2728.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_2729.jpeg
    IMG_2729.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_2730.jpeg
    IMG_2730.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_2732.jpeg
    IMG_2732.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2734.jpeg
    IMG_2734.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2727.jpeg
    IMG_2727.jpeg
    317.9 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_2726.jpeg
    IMG_2726.jpeg
    298.9 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_2725.jpeg
    IMG_2725.jpeg
    259.4 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_2736.jpeg
    IMG_2736.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 1
IME: The bore of that rifle will clean up nicely with some shallow to moderate pits. Remove the barrel and action from the stock. Plug the breech plug, stand the barrel breech down and fill the bore with Evapo Rust, being careful not to spill the stuff on the bluing.

After 24 hours pour out the Evapo Rrust and swab the bore with patches wet with tap water.

IME: The bore of that rifle will clean up nicely with some shallow to moderate pits. Remove the barrel and action from the stock. Plug the breech plug, stand the barrel breech down and fill the bore with Evapo Rust, being careful not to spill the stuff on the bluing.

After 24 hours pour out the Evapo Rrust and swab the bore with patches wet with tap water.
I agree. I would try that first then replace the barrel if needed. I bought a 1:20 disc once. It was suppose to be new. When I got it the bore was pitted and it was still dirty from last time it was shot . Not the first and not the last time I bought sonething that was less than I was told 🤣🤣. But it cleaned up and shot good . I bedded it in a Boyds laminate stock and shot many a deer with it. Still have it. Anybody want to buy a 45 disc. Just as new as the day I bought it 🤣

There's a little pitting in a Bighorn I bought used a couple years ago, and it is still quite accurate. Best conical thrower I've owned, with 9/16th three shot groups at 50yds. Open sights. I would try it as is, before modifying.

Yes I’m looking for a 45 barrel also - any more rough ones out there need a new home or want to swap for a 50?

Latest posts

Back