John Wayne Winchester

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Muzzle Man

Reaction score
Does anyone out there have one of the new Duke rifles? I read it was made in Japan, that shocked me, the review I read said it was very nice, I had considered one until I saw the Japan part, well the price hurts too. :p

MY brother has one of the John Wayne rifles that was made in the Early 80's, I always liked it a lot, not sure if I should look for one of those instead. Anone owning either please chime in.
Thanks

Joe

Duke fan for life

I worked with a guy who's wife was a big shot with Winchester/Olin Corporation. Every time a new lever action rifle came out she got him one of them. Needless to say, his collection of rifles was very impressive. Back in the 80's he showed me this John Wayne Memorial rifle all fancy engraved and in a 32-40 caliber as I remember.

Even back then it was over $1000.00 which was just crazy for a rifle back then. I wanted to get one, but the wife was not real cooperative about it at that time as she felt putting food on the table and paying bills was more important.

I handled a "John Wayne" commmerative yesterday. The rifle has fantastic wood built on the Winchester 92 action with the hoop lever.

The rilfe has a tang safety. :twisted:

Caliber was 44/40...price $1580.00

Chocdog

Back