...INFO FOR THE PARKER BALLISTIC EXTREME SHOOTERS.......

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hawgslayer

Reaction score
:D
Had a chance to try the new Parker REFINED Ballistic Extreme 275'ers and here is how it worked out. All the targets on the left were shot with the Harvester E-Z LOAD Sabats and the targets on the right were with the HARVESTER CRUSHED SABOTS..... Here's the pics. The new bullet is a little different in design and are made with a different alloy.
I shot 6 rds at 25 yards, 6 at 50 and 6 or so at 100 yards. You can see how tight they were at 25, (that target on the right at 25 yards is 3 shots in the same hole. I love the crushed sabots), and then you can see how they started to open up a little.
My V2 is zeroed in at 100 yards with the OLD PARKER 275 GR'ERS.
newParker275s1027.jpg
newParker275s10-27.jpg

I would use these bullets for hunting and all it would take is a little tweeking with my scope and they would all be right in there. I'm going to stick to the OLD 275's for this season since I have a ton of them.

Ray............. :wink:

Rumor is that Parker increased the OD to accommodate the sabotless 45 shooters with slightly larger bores.

The originals also have a very flat base which helps in a sabot but doesn't seem to matter much sabotless. Im pretty sure both versions have a pure lead core but the jacket may be a harder alloy on the new ones.

I have a bunch of original 275s so i wont be trying the new 275s for quite awhile. They shoot great in my NULA with the Harvester Smooth and MMP Short.

Good Shooting and Welcome aboard. :D

Never used Parker bullets - in fact I have never heard of them but from the grouping displayed they certainly appear to have potential. I am always looking for an excuse to shoot. I may try them along with the Harvester crushed sabot.

Can you tell me what powder you are using? Thanks for an interesting post.

It is hard to beat a Parker 275 grain. They shoot well in all my fast twist rifles.

Latest posts

Back