Hot Sauce

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is the hottest i ever tried. Its 92% Carolina Reaper from the guy who came up with the Reaper. The Last Dab is supposed to be hotter but im not paying over $25 a bottle for hot sauce. While this is really hot it has no other flavor to me. Its just stupid hot Reapers and i can grow those myself.
https://www.amazon.com/PuckerButt-Pepper-Company-Reaper-Squeezins/dp/B01MS3PTS7
yzJOaFh.jpg

f1YoUCG.jpg

When i make a fermented super hot sauce from scratch i only use enough vinegar to adjust pH to a safe level so it stores well. The last one i made is as hot as anything ive bought except Reaper Squeezins. :p

Last edited:
I am a hot sauce wimp compared to you all. Anything beyond medium-hot stews my innards and dissolves my brain.
I was with friends at a Thai restaurant that had several containers on the table with hot peppers. The server recommended that we don't try the Thai peppers in fish oil. One of our group decided to take that recommendation as a challenge. The Thai pepper in fish oil destroyed him! He was unable to have dinner with us.
so I guess that 5 ALARM CHILI is out of the question?

Even though i love spicy i make chilli or black bean stew mild. Its easy enough to zip it up at the table. Hot sauce with a habanero flavor goes well with beans. I even make a really mild one just for beans using a heatless habanero from Numex chile pepper institute. I add just a tiny bit of really hot peppers to it so you get all the "hab flavor" with just a fraction of the heat.

These look and smell just like red habanero but have almost no heat at all. Numex Suave Red.
aITeKKE.jpg

We grow our own hot peppers. Unfortunately, I cannot eat hot peppers anymore since having bowel cancer with all the treatments and surgery. However my wife tried to eat a carolina reaper and it almost put her in the grave. They supposedly are the hottest peppers at 2.2M SHU`s.20210904_150941.jpg

I cant eat them either. Hottest i can eat are Scotch Bonnets and i grow some really good ones too.

why did GOD make them so hot!? I guess it is a protection from predator's from eating them??

Ya'll grow some beautiful peppers!
Personally, I crave jalapenos on nearly everything.

Growing peppers led me to making my own sauces. Partially for friends/family with dietary restrictions such as sodium content. You simply dont need huge amounts of salt to make a good hot sauce. People at the local farmers markets pay big bucks for peppers like Carolina Reapers too. Ive gotten $8/100 grams of fresh pods. One of my favorite sweet bells sell for $2 each but they are huge bells from Turkey. They are called Tekne Dolmasi. The sweet and spicy bell i grow is called Antep Aci Dolma. REALLY sweet for a bell and around jalapeno hot. Its another pepper from Turkey.

I also grow very hard to find peppers from Peru called rocoto and aji panca. The rocoto variety i grow are as sweet as fruit and about jalapeno hot. The aji panca is more of a seasoning pepper with a little heat. Good for powder and pepper paste.

Back