Weekend Hunting Trip!!!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinks

Reaction score
Got to hook up with a friend of mine for a 4 day hunt. Day 1 was pretty slow, after arriving and setting up camp, we had about 4hrs of glassing, nothing sighted. Day 2, we figured the Deer must be holding up in the bush, seeing how there was a full moon. Sure enough, on day 2 we hiked our abs off, 12 Deer in total were seen.......all Does!!

Days 1 and 2 consisted of A LOT of this:
IMG_4319.jpg

And the removal of A LOT of these, from boots and other unmentionable parts:
IMG_4316.jpg

So now, what to do on day 3.........Decession made......We would do a "Hunters Biathlon".........drive a few kms and then walk a few kms!! So off we go to an area we thought we would try hiking around, 6 kms in to our drive, I look at Scott, is that a Bear!!?? Yep, sure enough, not a huge one but, at this point we could head back with something to show!! I get out lay prone, he's looking at me, i wait about 3 mins and he turns to walk, Scott gives a whistle and he stops.......BANG!! A double roll and 10yrds later he piles up!! Bear down!!

IMG_4323.jpg

IMG_4325.jpg

Now we have the Bear back at camp, off we go for more hiking, and hike we do, not one Deer to be seen. We only have a few hrs of light left, so we decide to drive to the back of a road we had seen earlier, if we didn't see anything we would camp in the truck for the night, and drive out at first daylight and hope to see one on our way home. We hit the road, and about 8kms in to our new destination, I yell to Scott, BUCK!!! and a nice one......no wait...2 bucks. I tell Scott that the bigger one is right in front of me, Scott moves around, up with the gun........I'm watching the bigger one........BANG!!! He doesn't move.......what the.......then I notice that the smaller one is no longer there!!?? Guess it turned out that from Scotts angle there was a tree covering the shoulder of the big guy, all turned out great for Scott though, this was his first Deer ever, so I don't think it was a bad first......actually it's a great first Deer!!

IMG_4337.jpg

We tried to clean him up as best we could, had to put a finishing shot in him!! Hope you guys enjoy!! And thanks for reading!!

Perry

Latest posts

Back