Horton Vision 175 Crossbow

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

I just bought one today. The best balanced crossbow I have ever handled! Very compact and quiet with a great trigger. Bowhunters Superstore had the best deal and advised they have been selling a minimum of one a day for the last month.

This is by no means to debate between bows and crossbows. Just throwing it out there for members who are looking for a new crossbow. I could have bought a Barnett that is 50fps faster and a few bucks cheaper but the Vision just balances so much better and is alot more compact.

Here is a stock photo. Mine looks identical. I just zero'ed it today.
Vision.jpg

hope it works for you. I have this adversion to things coming back at me at the speed those limbs have to be moving. Don't get me wrong not slamming the bow or saying your choice is bad, it's just that I've had a few bows break for various reasons (once was even my fault) and I (me, myself) would be vary nervous shooting it.

It shoots 325fps and is quiet for a crossbow. All mechanical devices can fail but I do not live my life worrying. If that were so I would be confined to my house like a hermit.

That looks like a nice set up. That should be a real deer stopping machine.

I can pick up the complete package deal for $420. I thought about buying it but decided not to for now. My friend lives in Ohio and his friend just so happens to be the distributor for Horton and Hoyt. $420 is his cost. Just gives you an idea how much the markup is on bows and crossbows.

Oh I know they are marked up a lot. How else they gonna make money. If the gun dealer my father in law knows could have got them from his distributer the price would have been around 500.00 but they were in such high demand he could not deliver.

Back