Hornady Loading Guide

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
99.9% of apps aren't needed and this appears to be one of them. Does it do anything for you that you can't do from a desktop or laptop via browser (assuming subscription based and logged in)? No? Useless waste of space app....

(yes, I'm a curmudgeon. I'm also a software dev and sysadmin who can actually write phone apps if forced to... yeah, I know, kinda weird...)

99.9% of apps aren't needed and this appears to be one of them. Does it do anything for you that you can't do from a desktop or laptop via browser (assuming subscription based and logged in)? No? Useless waste of space app....

(yes, I'm a curmudgeon. I'm also a software dev and sysadmin who can actually write phone apps if forced to... yeah, I know, kinda weird...)
I haven bought a computer in years. My newest computer is almost 10 years old and its only used for Quick Loads. The apps are handy for me to take a quick look powders and loads before doing more research.

I haven bought a computer in years. My newest computer is almost 10 years old and its only used for Quick Loads. The apps are handy for me to take a quick look powders and loads before doing more research.
oh understandable

But I see no reason to use my storage space etc when their calculator is online and much of the actual reloading data is available elsewhere free and via browser

Even the eBook edition would be better than the app (a few mb vs 100+mb)

Like I said, Im a curmudgeon :)

oh understandable

But I see no reason to use my storage space etc when their calculator is online and much of the actual reloading data is available elsewhere free and via browser

Even the eBook edition would be better than the app (a few mb vs 100+mb)

Like I said, Im a curmudgeon :)
I have my apps on an iPhone and it seems like every apple update messes with the apps. I would use a computer more if a good new laptop were more affordable then cheap smart fones.

I have my apps on an iPhone and it seems like every apple update messes with the apps. I would use a computer more if a good new laptop were more affordable then cheap smart fones.

I'm on my 3rd desktop at home since 1999, my current desktop is actually my old workstation from teh office, rescued from the dump and then officially bought as surplus for $1 (9 years old now) ... My only personal laptops have been 5+ year old hand me downs...

But they all run Linux just fine :)

Let me go through my collection and see what I have as far as good laptops go, easier to ship than baked goods and the wife still isn't up for baking yet (darn knee!)

I'm on my 3rd desktop at home since 1999, my current desktop is actually my old workstation from teh office, rescued from the dump and then officially bought as surplus for $1 (9 years old now) ... My only personal laptops have been 5+ year old hand me downs...

But they all run Linux just fine :)

Let me go through my collection and see what I have as far as good laptops go, easier to ship than baked goods and the wife still isn't up for baking yet (darn knee!)
my wife works for The Cable Company and gets a new laptop every year or two. She is supposed to send back the old ones but they never send the return box so we have a couple nice 2yr olds that i cant have cuz they may have sensitive info on them. I may take one and wipe it to use till they request it back. Think i could put Linux on a used machine?

my wife works for The Cable Company and gets a new laptop every year or two. She is supposed to send back the old ones but they never send the return box so we have a couple nice 2yr olds that i cant have cuz they may have sensitive info on them. I may take one and wipe it to use till they request it back. Think i could put Linux on a used machine?
Yup

Prettiest default desktop and my personal choice for new users (and I use Debian, its grandparent distribution, on my servers) https://www.linuxmint.com/

Latest posts

Back