Hey folks

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Will start by saying I'm glad to be here with a nice group of folks such as you all. Seems there's alot of hurt feelings and/or pissing matches on other forums but not so much here. About me: Pushing 40 & have been an industrial electrician most of my adult life. I have several smokepoles but my favorite is probably a stainless t/c firehawk 54 I traded into several years back. Yall take care...

Welcome from southeast Oklahoma.
I just acquired a TC Thunderhawk 54, stainless. Shot it for the first time this past Saturday.
Those 21" thunderhawks sure do look nice & compact. Have spent much time lusting after them on gunbroker. Unfortunately I've never had the opportunity to fondle or shoot one. Ran across a blued wolf compact a while back for a price that couldn't be ignored. It seems to really like the hornady great plains with a modest charge of bh209 & no wad. Rough on the shoulder though.

Morning to ya by way of Western Ky. Soon to be over by Conway, Mo. Anyway whew y'all be getting right on up their with the those inline thingys
I like em all bud. My 1st muzzy was a traditions percussion sidelock synthetic stock 50 dad bought us a pair of when I was probably 10. Nothing special but wish I still had it. I remember thinking I needed a pry bar to trip the trigger. Would love to have a 58 or bigger sidelock or underhammer but alas kids & everything else nowadays cost too much for that haha.

I like em all bud. My 1st muzzy was a traditions percussion sidelock synthetic stock 50 dad bought us a pair of when I was probably 10. Nothing special but wish I still had it. I remember thinking I needed a pry bar to trip the trigger. Would love to have a 58 or bigger sidelock or underhammer but alas kids & everything else nowadays cost too much for that haha.
I yaking your chain my friend. Like you i have a few listed. Have a .45 sml, a T/C Blk. Daimond SS XR in .50. Rest of them be rock aparkers n Caplocks. I do have 1 Under-Hammer i am putting together. Its going to get some Buskytail n tick toter hunting time with my rock spsrkers.

Back