Help with TC Omega identification

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike nelson

Reaction score
Looking at a for sale ad for a TC Omega X7 Mountain .50 Cal. which may be a limited edition/run model. We own a couple of X5 Omegas and am familiar with the X7/Dreamseason verson but never have seen this configuration. Ad photos show X7 model stamping, factory brown laminated stock with what appears a Sims recoil pad, all blued except for trigger only, Factory peep, front sight only but appears drill & tapped for rear sight, photo of box says 28" barrel and only has 1 ramrod thimble. Now for the weird part: appears the barrel has a different contour for the first few inches from breach and that section is fluted. Help in identification needed. Thanks

Nothing on this Omega looks "Omega". Barrel contour, stock, action are all custom/limited edition. I don't think it would do any good to call TC, as there aren't any pre Smith and Wesson people left. Its a great looking rifle, plus I would bet its a 1lb lighter than a standard Omega.

To me the rifle looks exactly like two X7 i purchased years ago. Same sights, same stock, same fluted breech, same single thimble. Thus, my opinion is, it is a standard Omega X7. They may have been made for, and sold by Cabela, and another business cannot recall. The X7 put a lot of deer into our freezer. One of my rifle was purchased from Cabela, the other from a private party. The rear sight mounts using the back two holes for the scope mount.

The Dream Season is not an X7.

The rifle you are talking about is a cabela only omega X7. I have one. Great rifle. The barrel should be a 24 inch.

Buy it ,you'll love it.
My X7 is a shooter for sure

ponsness said:
. . .am familiar with the X7/Dreamseason version . . .

Just to clarify, the X7 and Dream Season are two different rifles. The X7 came out first with a 24" barrel and laminate stock. They were all stainless unless you picked up the Cabelas version, as noted above, which was blued. After the X7 was discontinued (a mistake IMO) TC came out with the Dream Season. Different barrel contour, slightly longer, and a synthetic stock. Also a great gun.

Latest posts

Back